**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Need an MSL number--I think

samaganda samaganda Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
I'm sorry; I'm not very techy and I feel that I am not understanding what it is I need to do to activate my phone properly. I bought a Freedompop Samsung Galaxy S4 from Ebay and I entered the information here on the Freedompop website. It says that my phone is activated. But now what? I've been reading many forums trying to figure this out, and I'm very sorry if I'm being stupid, but I certainly can't call or text or even use the internet, so clearly other steps must be taken. I found a page entitled "How do I use my existing Android phone once I've activated it?" located here: http://www.freedompop.com/faq/how-do-i-use-my-existing-android-phone-once-ive-activated-it-?categoryId=22177943&categoryTitle=Freedom Phone: Getting Started&articleId=57790297. This seemed promising, but it says that I need a thing called an MSL, which thing I do not have. It says it would be emailed to me, but by whom and when I am not sure. So if indeed this is the thing I need, might I please be given one? Thank you, and please help me. I'm quite desperate at this point. I feel like I've read a thousand forum posts, and this might not be an exaggeration.

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @samaganda Welcome to FreedomPop! At one point I was in the same situation as you were haha, don't worry we were all new at one point! So for your S4 just update the PRL and Profile in your settings and then you should be able to use data. Also for voice just use the FreedomPop messaging app and you should be able to make calls!
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    @samaganda Please keep us updated if what @Ali suggested resolved your issue :)
  • samaganda samaganda Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Well, maybe it's the phone. It keeps saying "Google Play Services Error" and though I restored Google Play to it's original settings and deleted all caches (there weren't any, actually), it won't let me use it. So I can't use Google Play, and consequently, I can't download the FreedomPop messaging app. I thought maybe if I reset the phone using the MSL number, that that was perhaps what was wrong, but I don't have an MSL. And it sounds like you're saying I shouldn't need one, right? In which case, I don't know what else to do. I think I'll send this phone back before it's too late and try to figure something else out.
  • Mike (GS-3, 30th) GrossMike (GS-3, 30th) Gross Posts: 143FreedomPop Newbie
    Did you register with google ? Do you have a google account ?