**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. The free trial lasts for 30 days, after which you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY
If you have not recently performed a Carrier Reset to your mobile device, we recommend doing so to ensure that your FreedomPop service is operating to its best capability. This does not cause the loss of any information saved on your mobile device. You can find instructions by selecting the following link: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3017/

For additional topics related to your concern, please visit our online Self-Help Knowledge Base at https://support.freedompop.com

What's up with my data

mikey kpoumikey kpou FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
I have a sprint iPhone 5 that I bought from eBay so I went and got the perfered sim card to go with it. But after signing the phone up with Freedompop and downloading the app my phone does for work. The app only works when I am connected to wifi. How do I fix this I am signed up for data but I'm not getting any. Can someone please help.

Comments

• Jorge Jorge FreedomPop Master Posts: 3,361 admin
    Hello @mikey kpou I will be glad to have an agent take a closer look into your account. Please check the email associated with your forum profile as an agent will contact you :+1:
  • cyberfunkcyberfunk FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    @mikey kpou I've been through this twice and the short answer may be that it is absolutely NOT possible to activate a BYOD iPhone 5 with FreedomPop. The long answer is I spent nearly a months of my life on two separate tries with an iPhone 5 32GB and it will NOT activate. I wasted money buying a replacement SIM even though the one I had was supposed to be the right one. Neither SIM would activate and FreedomPop tech support was clueless as to why. Both cases were elevated to senior technical support without resolution. I spoke to a Sprint representative and he let me know that they changed their policy and the iPhone 4, 4s and 5 can no longer be activated on other networks regardless of their Sprint affiliations i.e. Sprint reliant MVNO's like FreedomPop. He said you need at least an iPhone 5c but I don't have it in me to even try that option at this point. I think FreedomPop needs to update their device list so hopeful customers don't waste money and time trying to activate phones that are no longer qualified.
  • Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @cyberfunk That is not true, I've activated the 4, 4s, and 5 a few days ago without problems.
  • mikey kpoumikey kpou FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 2
    My sim now somehow works this morning and now I have data but another problem has accrued. After the sim has been in for a while my phone says "sim has locked please power cycle the device." But I have power cycled my phone plenty times but the same error keeps on popping up what am I to do now?
  • Jorge Jorge FreedomPop Master Posts: 3,361 admin
    @mikey kpou A common troubleshooting step for iPhone users, is to perform a network reset.

Directions as follows:

Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Another useful step is to update your phone's Profile by performing the following:

From the home screen, tap Phone > On the keypad, dial ##873283# and tap Call. >Tap OK. > The handset will search for profile updates and install them. > Tap OK. > The profile is now updated.
  • cyberfunkcyberfunk FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    Ali said:

@cyberfunk That is not true, I've activated the 4, 4s, and 5 a few days ago without problems.

Ali that's great news. I would be happy to try activation again if you could give the matter your personal attention. After two try's with two different teams and both cases being escalated none of the support staff could activate my phone and the only solution I received at the end of the second long process was to change my SIM from an already compatible model to an identical SIM. It did not solve the problem. Can you give me a sure fire way to activate the phone or an explanation as to why some have no success activating while other phones activate? My phone/MEID is clean on the Swappa site so I know there are no outstanding bills or other obstructions.