Discussions Regarding Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Please Post Here!

Nick_LeeNick_Lee Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
I found no specific area where Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 is being discussed.. so bear with me as I try to describe my problem.

A few months back.. Freedompop added the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 to the list of BYOD.. With that.. I went ahead a purchased a refurbished unit from A4C.com.. with a clean MEID number.

When I tried to register by myself via instructions available here, the device was rejected. That was about two months ago. I then tried it again.. yesterday and actually talked to a live person in the Activation department.. and the individual told me.. the device may have some financial defects with respect to the previous owner.

I then visited the local Sprint Store in Reno, NV.. and the store personnel verified the device had a clean MEID number and the device was not reported lost or stolen and was properly deactivated sometimes late 2014.

Reading further in the Freedompop forum.. it was suggested that Sprint may purposely lock the device for a period of 12 months after the device is deactivated.

I then called Sprint Customer Care and had a long chat with them.. and the individual said... the "12 month" thing wasn't the case and affirmed that I should call Sprint technical support at 1-855-899-7924 to see what can be done.

So far, I haven't called Sprint but get to that.. For now, I am now taking time to write my experience so far here.

In my opinion, there is just too much banter on the Freedompop forum.. which seem to suggest that more answers are mere suggestions and not solutions.. merely have you tried this, have you tried that. YADA Yada yada.

Enough already.. fortunately, I am GAME... I have GAME.. or is it that I am just a slow learner? Glutton for punishment ..

So.. in the interim (Mar-Apr).. guess what? Freedompop had a sale promotion for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 for $100. That was easy (Staples slogan)... I'll go this route and avoid the hassle -- so I thought.

I was in receipt of the unit last week.. and after failing to connect to mobile data.. I initiated a call to Freedompop to see what might be the problem.

The individual I talked to on April 24, 2015, said that reading the information from his end, the device showed the status "DEACTIVATED"... and will require someone else up higher up to resolve this issue.. and the process may take two to three days. Support request #415678

QUESTION: is two / three days meaning calendar days? or working days -- ie M-F normal business hours.

Now.. it is Wednesday, April 29.. still the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 -- purchased directly from Freedompop sits unable to connect to mobile data..

To compound the pain.. upon finalizing the purchase of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0, I was prompted to buy as an one time combo deal, -- $30 for the LG Optimus F-3..

Why not... go for it!

Prior to receipt of the device, I received an e-mail suggesting some LG units shipped after 4-15 might have problems with Google Playstore, etc and Freedompop offered up some suggested steps to solve the problem.

I am in receipt of the LG Optimus F-3 yesterday 4/28).. and to make my situation laughable.. the unit shipped WITHOUT a battery. Back on the telephone again.. and wait and wait and wait.

Serenity NOW.. Serinity NOW.

Much obliged.
Nick Lee

Recap..
1. Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 BYOD cannot register
2. Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Freedompop device -- no mobile data
3. LG Optimus F-3 - No battery.

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the error message with ur tab 3?
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,387 admin
    Hello @Nick_Lee sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced with your devices. I will have an agent take a closer look into both galaxy tabs and the LG Optimus. Please check your email associated with your Forum profile as an agent will be in contact with you there :+1:
  • Nick_LeeNick_Lee Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello Jorge..

I am reaching out to you as a contact as I have been passed around the Freedompop telephone system and email tag game for weeks now and still see very little progress.

In the beginning, I was "PROMISED / ASSURED" that my situation would be handled within 3 days, and when that didn't happen, another 3 days, then one more assurance, one more day needed. (that was Friday, May 8).

In my original post I had issues on three devices.. two are currently being acted upon.

1) the missing battery on the LG Optimus F-3 has been shipped and is in transit.
    2) the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 purchased from Freedompop and registered under [email protected] is being looked into as described above.. but seriously, can you blame me if I am a bit frustrated for the amount of time taken so far?

3) Now to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0 that I purchased from A4C.com.

After getting the same answer on four separate times.. I then need to submit my problem in a different way.. and perhaps you can be the tie breaker to conflicting information..

1) Freedompop tells me my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 BYOD has some Financial Contingencies.. therefore I cannot activiate the device.

2) The Sprint retail store in Reno, NV tells me that the device was deactivated in late 2014 and has a clean MEID number.

Question.. Does a clean MEID number mean 100% of the time that the device was not reported lost or stolen AND that the financial encumbrances to Sprint is settled and cleared?

If so, then why can I not activiate the device? Why is that Freedompop computer system showing different information than what the Sprint store software is showing?

With Freedompop leverage with Sprint, I would submit to you that you can settle this quicker than I can.. and by getting to the bottom of this.. Freedompop, in my opinion, should have a solution to other customers who has / are / will have problems such as me.

Much obliged.
    Nick Lee
  • Nick_LeeNick_Lee Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Still no solution on my FreedomPOP Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 tablet.. Cannot activiate. In five days, my 30 days of free this free that will expire and I still cannot even connect to mobile data.

Who is listening there?
  • Frank BaileyFrank Bailey Posts: 22FreedomPop Newbie
    I am purchasing a used Sprint Galaxy tab 3. I do hope I can activate it with FP without issue. If mine arrives without a sim will FP supply one or do I have to go to Sprint?

Nick_Lee did you ever get any resolution?

My FP Galaxy S3 activated and continues to perform without issues, as long as there is a signal.
  • Frank BaileyFrank Bailey Posts: 22FreedomPop Newbie
    Tried to register my Galaxy Tab 3. BYOD page will not let me activate. Sprint store says all is well and they'd be happy to activate it. Do these tablets have to age out to be eligible? Mine will be 1 year old at the end of July 2015.

Come on FreedomPop, there has to be a solution to this issue SO MANY people are having.