**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

No data credit for calls, and Messaging uses a lot of data

Teresa LiTeresa Li Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
I no longer see data credit for mobile talks as I did in the past.
And I have to turn off the background of messaging app since it eats a lot of data even I don't use the phone.
How do I solve these problems? Thank you!

Comments

• Teresa LiTeresa Li Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Have anyone else seen these 2 problems?

1. In the past, I got data credit back for data used by cell calls. For example, if I make a call of 10 minutes, which used 7MB, then I would receive about 7MB "Phone Call Data Credit". But I don't see that data credit anymore. Is there a change in policy?
    Below is a section showing the "Phone Call Data Credit"
    Nov 20, 2014 12:39 PM Plan Usage 6 MB
    Nov 20, 2014 12:39 PM Phone Call Data Credit ⁺ 9 MB
    Nov 20, 2014 12:22 PM Plan Usage 5 MB
    Nov 19, 2014 11:23 PM Plan Usage 69 MB
    Nov 19, 2014 1:00 PM Phone Call Data Credit ⁺ 8 MB
    Nov 19, 2014 12:31 PM Phone Call Data Credit ⁺ 6 MB
    Nov 19, 2014 12:31 PM Plan Usage 2 MB
    Nov 19, 2014 12:26 PM Plan Usage 5 MB

2. The messaging app did not use much data in the past, but since last month, the app uses around 50MB in the background per day even when I did not make any calls. So I have to manually disable background data usage every time I finish a call. If I disable the background data, I cannot receive calls.

Thanks.
  • stephen spechtstephen specht Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same issue. Looking forward to a response
  • Jennifer ChungJennifer Chung Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I don't think I'm getting enough data credits for my voice calls either. For example, over the past few weeks, I've made numerous voice calls over cellular and there are only 4 data credits posted on my account, and one of the "credits" was for +0 MB!

Jun 4, 2015 6:40 PM Phone Call Data Credit ⁺ 0 MB
    Jun 4, 2015 5:32 PM Phone Call Data Credit ⁺ 1 MB
    Jun 4, 2015 5:24 PM Phone Call Data Credit ⁺ 1 MB
    May 22, 2015 4:10 PM Phone Call Data Credit ⁺ 11 MB

Freedompop, please start accounting for voice and data usage properly!