**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

HELP! I cant make calls/texts - "connect to internet before calling" error

fistxfistx Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
I have a Samsung Victory phone but I dont know if its the same as Samsung Galaxy Victory I have this posted under.

I cant make any calls. I get a "connect to internet before calling" error.
I cant send texts either I get a "Please check your network connection and try again" error.

I poked around the settings but couldnt find anything that would fix this. I dont know what I could have done to make it disconnect from the internet/network. If anyone has any tips on how to prevent this from happening in the future let me know.

I appreciate any help as im in a situation where I will need my phone today.
Thanks.

Comments

• fistxfistx Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    If this isnt the right section for this post please let me know so I can post it in the right one.
    Im worried I wont have a phone today when I really need it.

Is there a number I can call Freedom Pop at to get help?
    Im going to see if I can find one.
    Thanks
  • Richard AllenRichard Allen Posts: 644FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert, Porting Master ✭✭✭✭
    @fistx Here are a couple of things you can try. Do a prl and profile update. If that does not work try going to setting, application manager. Find the messaging app then do a force stop and clear cache. Please be careful about doing a clear data. I am not sure but I think if you clear data all the text in your messaging app will be erased.

Customer support number is (888) 743-8107.
  • KELLIE LARUEKELLIE LARUE Posts: 148FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @fistx hello. You should try a factory reset
    The NeXus Evoluzione B)
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,375 admin
    Hello @fistx I was able to take a look into your account and it does appear that your account needed to be synched on our and all should be good to go now :+1:
  • Eris BertinoEris Bertino Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    My daughter and I both have the Samsung Victory and around the 20th of May both of us could not make or receive calls unless we turned off WiFi. The texting function still works when WiFi is on, we just cannot make or receive calls when the WiFi is enabled. My husband has the Samsung S4 and he is not experiencing any problems. What is a real bummer is that I started my service just two days before this problem started. I called to get help but the problem persist. Can I get help?
    Thank you.