Can't find "integrate with android" option

Leonard CohenLeonard Cohen Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
Reading on how to make my FreedomPop phone, LG Optimus, work with GV. Installed GV and voice+ apps and made the settings. My phone rings when calling my GV number and works well. Now I’d like to setup calling out using the main dialer.

The threads here say to use the FP messaging app, go the menu, choose settings, and look for “easy configuration”. I can pull from the left the menu and choose settings, but that shows a menu that says “preferences” and has three options, Audio, Call, and Network. Clicking Call has two options for DTMF and one for voice mail uri. Where is the “integrate with android” option?

Best Answer

Answers

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Integration with android is now automatic. Make sure in your settings the default app for calling is the FreedomPop one and you should be set from there
  • Leonard CohenLeonard Cohen Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    @chacham You are correct.

@Ali I need to know how to remove the Freedom-pop integration from the dialer.

PS How do I mark my question as unanswered?
  • Joe S.Joe S. Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    edited May 2015 #5
    I would like to know this as well. Rolling back to version 15 of the Messaging app allows me to use Hangouts Dialer without Hangouts crashing, however when you try to go into FP Messaging it throws up a window saying the app must be updated, forcing you to the Google Play Store. I don't think you can bypass this screen and that locks you out of your messages stored in FP messaging.

Update: I found that if you go into the FP Messaging app it prompts you that an App Update is Required and forces you to the Google Play store. Quickly hitting the back button and accessing the FP Messaging app again allows it to open normally with no prompt (keep a shortcut on your desktop for quick access).
    Post edited by Joe S. on
  • cparkecparke Posts: 34FreedomPop Newbie
    I found that if you "Clear Defaults" and "Force Stop" the FreedomPop Messaging app. temporarily disables the dialer and text messaging integration. This will last until you either manually open the FreedomPop Messaging app. However, you also will not receive incoming calls on your FreedomPop number while the app. is down.