**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

84% off Samsung Galaxy LTE Smartphones! Starting at ONLY $89.99! Vote up!

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, also be sure to flood the slick deals page with w00t w00t so you know we sent you there ;)
  • M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    edited May 2015 #3
    Hey thumbs up done! And tweeted and facebooked it, as Mi Lo!<--okay so lots of name choices are taken so give me a break!....lol
  • johnsonrjohnsonr Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
    Of the 3 listed phones, which ones (if any) allow simultaneous voice and data (using FreedomPop)?

I have read that at least some models of the Galaxy S4 do NOT allow this,
    but don't know about the Galaxy S3 or Galaxy Note 2.
  • goobygooby Posts: 58FreedomPop Newbie
    Ugh, I wish I could stop checking this forum for phone deals. I already have enough phones...

I bought the S3 through Groupon Tuesday and already have a tracking number. I currently have an S3 I use with an expensive prepaid carrier. I use that carrier as the minutes and data don't expire as long as I keep the account active, but it's a pain constantly trying to make sure my data connection isn't on. Adding more time and data with that service is too pricey. I'll use the FreedomPop S3 as my main phone going forward, assuming the phone works ok, as that means less mental stress.

It would be nice if y'all could stop posting phone deals so I could stop buying phones I don't truly need. :)
  • johnsonrjohnsonr Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
    For the Samsung S3, according to Groupon's Q&A re: Samsung S3 with Free Mobile-Phone Service:
    • This phone is locked to FreedomPop.

• It can be unlocked to work with Sprint or any other Sprint MVNO.

• It cannot be unlocked to work with GSM services, AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, or for international use.
    QUESTIONS:
    • Is this true for all phones bought specifically for use with FreedomPop?

• If I bought a Sprint-compatible phone elsewhere, and used FreedomPop's BYOD feature,
      would that phone then become locked to FreedomPop?
This discussion has been closed.