**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Cannot make or receive calls

GabensenGabensen FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
HTC Evo 4g (not lte) BYOD, previously with sprint. Activated with Freedompop and Freedompop Messaging .apk installed. Updated PRL and updated Profile successfully (it now shows both the 577 MVNO number and my Freedompop assigned number when the .apk is loaded).

However, incoming calls (tested with 3 different phones) either crash the messaging .apk (seldom) or just don't ring at all with nothing to show that the call has failed on either side. Outgoing calls ring twice and then a messaging service informs me that I have no voicemail and goes on to give me options to dial international or local numbers and some others I am equally disinterested in, all in a rather charming female voice. The outgoing call failure points to a glitch on Freedompop or Sprint side as I get the same result no matter which (US) number I dial (have tried area codes 954, 540 and 772 all with the same result).

I have since forced stop and cleared data on the messaging .apk and on Google Framework Services numerous times. Have also updated PRL and Profile numerous times, I'd say about 8 or 10 times, none of which have made an iota of difference.

Hoping you can sort this out and big thanks to anyone who can,

Gabriel.

Comments

• GabensenGabensen FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    I guess there's nobody to sort it out then. Spose you get what you pay for. Oh well, 20 bucks a lesson is good value - lesson learned!