Unacceptably Poor Call Quality -- iPhone 5

Logan WilliamsLogan Williams Posts: 22FreedomPop Newbie
Hi, I am trying to figure out if there is something I'm doing wrong or if this is an issue with others as well. If I have anything less than LTE (ie-3G) and sometimes WiFi, the call quality is so bad that most of the time I cannot even hear the other person or they cannot hear me. If I can hear them, it cuts out every other second, making it impossible to hold a conversation. Add on to this the (understandably) increased latency and I might as well not even try calling people. When I do have to make calls, I try to get to a place where I have a strong LTE signal; on LTE, the phone seems to do fine with call quality. With WiFi, I have mixed results, but this is probably mostly due to my home WiFi network.

So my question is this, does everyone else experience this or is it just me? If it is just me, I would like to know what to do to fix this so I can have a more reliable phone. If it's not just me, bummer.

Thanks.

Comments

• pikenpiken Posts: 124FreedomPop Newbie
    LTE calls always seem to be very good.

Wifi I have mixed results. I have a pretty good wifi setup at home, but...
    If I'm calling my mom I switch off wifi and use LTE.

It's not that unusual for VOIP calls of any caliber to have quality issues.

Maybe I'm more used to it because at my office all our phone lines
    we use VOIP and there's issues pretty much on a regular basis.

• Logan WilliamsLogan Williams Posts: 22FreedomPop Newbie
    I have VOIP phones at my work too, but rarely have issues with quality. I guess that's just one of the things you get to deal with with FP.