**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Can't Phone Home.

I had an issue not being able to access the Sprint Network. I got frustrated when nothing I tried worked so I just stopped using the phone. After I got a check engine light in my car I realized I needed to resolve the issue with my phone. I finally got someone who sent me a code so I could do a complete factory reset. Yay!!!! my phone works......But now I have a new mystery.

I can call anywhere but my home. I don't have the number (or any number) blocked. The place I would most likely call is home if I have car trouble.

This makes no sense to me. I've tried dialing the number. I've tried adding my number to the contacts list and calling from there. I've deleted the contact and added it again.

It rings on the mobile phone but nothing on the home phone. No ring...no voice mail...nothing. My home phone is working fine. I called it repeatedly from different phones to test it.

Any thoughts on this mystery? I feel like E.T.

Comments

• limeylimey Posts: 674FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭

It rings on the mobile phone but nothing on the home phone. No ring...no voice mail...nothing..

Is your home phone on a VOIP service? Maybe some incompatibility?
    It might be worth getting a Google Voice number & forwarding it to your home phone number, then seeing if calling the Google Voice number from your FP phone causes your home phone to ring.

The only other thing that springs to mind is if your FP phone is setup to hide it's outgoing caller-id & your home phone service is setup to ignore such calls.
  • Jennifer LucasJennifer Lucas Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    My home phone service is through Comcast Cable. My land line through Comcast does accdept hidden caller ID's. Limey, Thanks for the feedback.

I would greatly appreciate any other ideas anyone may have on this subject.

Jen
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @Jennifer Lucas
    Did you try limey's suggested approach of setting up a Google Voice account and forwarding that phone to you home line?
  • limeylimey Posts: 674FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    @Jennifer Lucas
    I did have a few further thoughts - can you check your home phone line's caller-logs online? See if your FP number ever shows up on that log. Also, if your home phone service supports it & you also use a Comcast DVR, turn on the onscreen caller-ID & see if an incoming call from your FP phone shows up on your TV. If the FP number shows up on either of these, then there might be an issue with your home phone - which leads to one last thing to try: temporarily unplug your home phone & try a different phone to see if that one rings.

Having said all that, I'd still try the Google Voice forward - at the very least you get an extra phone number to use...