**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Kyocera Hydro Vibe (Virgin Mobile)

Troy FoxxinTroy Foxxin FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 16
I know from one another attempt first time i tried to get with Freedompop didn't work.
I tried to bring a Virgin Mobile phone over.

I like to know if I had the MSL Code. It is a 4G LTE phone but I am ok without using LTE if the SIM with it is not useable.
Just today I moved the phone from my Virgin Account which I don't use anymore.
So its not blacklisted and its activation Status is "Clear (Sprint / MVNO) Device appears to be activation ready."

Would it be possible to attempt to activate it on Freedompop, and with the MSL Code (which I do have) program things like the APN and all that to get at least 3G working. I much like to keep my current phone. A Kyocera Hydro Vibe.

Is this doable even know it's not currently on the BYOD list. Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• andrewpmandrewpm FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 8
    I, too, would like to know because VM has a great deal on this 4G LTE phone and to be able to use it on FP would be awesome. This phone compares inbetween the S3 and S4 so it's a great option.
  • SEAN OGORMANSEAN OGORMAN FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 37
    Right now I think this phone is still slightly under a year old, but that may have changed in recent days. I think it came out in May 2014, and thus it would be on Sprint's MVNO BYOD blacklist.

I look forward to if/when it becomes available on FreedomPop. I had one on Virgin Mobile and it was one of the best phones I've ever owned, and this is coming from someone who had a Nexus 4, LG G2, and OnePlus One. I gave it to my sister, but all she does is complain about it, so I think I'll take it back and use it for myself if I can activate it here. :D
  • Troy FoxxinTroy Foxxin FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 16
    I dun think it should be black listed anymore. Virgin mobile at the least wants you to have it active on a account for i think 12 months to get the unlock codes which i think is mostly the MSL code. which is easy to get without them on this phone.

and yes it was may of 2014 when it came out. But I really like to use it on freedompop. I dun care about the LTE on it. The unlimited plan is 3G after 1GB Anyways, So i just leave all my LTE phones on freedompop on CDMA mode anyways. Dont even use the LTE.

There Throttled state on that plan in CDMA mode still gives awesome speed unlike other carriers.