When will freedompop support sending and receiving MMS/Picture messaging to non freedompop users?

2»

Answers

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update. Good to know.
  • weanutweanut Posts: 309FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015 #28
    well, i jinxed myself! as of yesterday, i get a message saying 'to send & receive picture/video messages try mms service for free'. it is possible to send a link, which recipients would have to open in a browser, same with receiving. mms alone is 1.99 month on non-premium plans, although i am trying to get confirmation on exactly where it's free & not. oh well! i liked free :)
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015 #29
    If you don't have the bundle or the stand alone service. If you send a picture to a non FreedomPop customer (IE to someone on AT&T) it sends a link to the recipient to view the file in the web browser.

If they try to send a picture message back to you it won't go through to you, nor will it give you a notification that someone tried to send you one. If you aren't on the bundled services or the stand alone.
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
  • Ryan KenigsbergRyan Kenigsberg Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    @Scott - I am able to send and receive pictures as well as see group messages simply by using the group me app and including the $1.99 picture message service. Sending multiple people messages still doesn't work unless I use an app like group me
  • Dale SengDale Seng Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    Suddenly I'm getting messages saying "This person sent you a picture or video" and telling me how to sign-up. Why, all of the sudden, is this happening?
  • Ryan Radford 2Ryan Radford 2 Posts: 633FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    @Dale Seng because they are finally allowing picture and video messages regardless of carrier, but you do have to have the stand alone mms service(group messaging doesn't work) or the $5.99 premium plus service(it doesn't say it's included but it is) in order to send and receive picture and video messages. Otherwise you either won't receive them at all(non FreedomPop users) or in the case of a FreedomPop user the message will be delivered as intended.
    Want a free lte sim? Message me and ill give you a credit card to purchase it!

Common issues related to FreedomPop Devices:
    https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/10896/battery-issues-please-read-this#latest

If you are having trouble with the FreedomPop messaging app registering, always try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it. If that doesn't work download push notification fixer (no root) from the play store. make sure both intervals are set to 5 minutes and click apply.

I don't work for FreedomPop
  • Dale SengDale Seng Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    I was happy the way it was; I told everyone I couldn't see group texts and couldn't get their pictures. Now I STILL can't see group texts or pictures, but now I'm annoyed by this message when the group text is sent.

Can I turn-off that alert?