**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Premium Voice

Todd PooleTodd Poole Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
Purchased a Note 2 after reading in the Blog about Premium Voice and the immediate availability for new FreedomPop devices. It's been almost 45 days now... When is it going to be deployed? So far my local experience has been positive, but it would be nice to have the option of Sprint voice when traveling so my phone doesn't turn into a clock. At a minimum, why can't we get an estimate on when this already announced feature should/might/will be available? Thanks.

Comments

• weanutweanut Posts: 309FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    @Todd Poole I'm with you on this one for sure, unfortunately, there are licensing and legal issues involved . I'm really hoping for soon as well , as soon as I hear anything definite I will let you know . will bookmark this conversation so I don't forget , thanks for your patience.
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, the service is in the final stages and should be deployed soon :-)
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 719FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015 #4
    Try it now! Update your app. It is in the store now! Get the service when you see it available.
    Post edited by Adolfo Galvan on
    good news-will update the guy's when i see him :)
  • Mike (GS-3, 30th) GrossMike (GS-3, 30th) Gross Posts: 143FreedomPop Newbie
    I don't see it, there is no update available to current messaging app 0502, and there is no Premium Voice app either at the play store.
  • Todd PooleTodd Poole Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    Appreciate the responses.
  • P MP M Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Can Nexus 5 receive premium voice?
  • Adolfo GalvanAdolfo Galvan Posts: 719FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭
    The app update is dated 0526. I am noticing the update on some of my phones and others it is still saying 0502. It should roll out to other devices soon and it will come with the ability to do Premium Voice. What I am NOT seeing is the service available to be added on yet. Keep looking in the services tab to get it once the update rolls down to you.
    yes, still seeing 0502.
  • olrsolrs Posts: 410FreedomPop Newbie
    I also don't see an update available at this time.

I'm looking forward to trying it out though!
  • marlonsitomarlonsito Posts: 28FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello. I went to the store and there is no update available yet.
  • No1nosesNo1noses Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Is this feature available for iOS? I see an option for the Premium 500 for 7.99 month, is that the feature i need to enable?
    @No1noses Unfortunately iPhone users are not able to take advantage of this until late this year.
    @Ali Is there any more information you can provide?

What are the plans for it? $3.99 for the 500 minutes, and then what about for the unlimited plan, is there a limit to the Premium Voice minutes that can be used.
    olrs said:

@Ali Is there any more information you can provide?

What are the plans for it? $3.99 for the 500 minutes, and then what about for the unlimited plan, is there a limit to the Premium Voice minutes that can be used.

Check the Play store for an update now. I checked with one of my phones that was not updated that is now. In services after you update, will be the option for Premium Voice.
    @Adolfo Galvan I see it available now. I assume emails for the free trial will be coming out soon.

Did you activate the feature?
  • James BrunelleJames Brunelle Posts: 57FreedomPop Newbie
    I just activated premium voice and shows its active in my account but when I shut off wifi and data connections my phone wont work at all :o
  • Gregory VernonGregory Vernon Posts: 141FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭
    I noticed the price went up from $2.99 to $3.99. That's kind of a bummer.

@Ali Do you know if premium voice users need to have a data connection to have calls forwarded over the voice network?
  • RayDRayD Posts: 36FreedomPop Newbie
    Looks like you can "try" Premium Voice when it detects that you are in a bad data area. I didn't hit the "try" button just yet as I don't know if that gives you the free 30 days. I did notice that the service is 3.99 when it was advertised at 2.99 initially. FP should consider it at 2.99 for existing phones, 3.99 for new customers/phones.
  • pearmasterpearmaster Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I was also disappointed to see that the price went up. A dollar might not seem like a big increase, but 33% does. Especially since I don't use more than a couple dozen voice minutes a month.
    @James Brunelle Did you update the PRL and Profile? It should be under Settings, and System Updates.
    Hey everyone, the $2.99 price still applies to you if you signed up before this rolled out officially however if not the new price of $3.99 will apply to you. You can still try it out by visiting the plan page and accepting the trial.
  • RayDRayD Posts: 36FreedomPop Newbie
    @James Brunelle This is still a Voip application with an add on that uses Premium Voice as a backup when data is unavailable or limited. You always have to have some sort of data connection or it will not work. Otherwise, we would all turn off our data and go over the cell network on every call. Not feasible for FP to let you do that.
  • John WardJohn Ward Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    @olrs @James Brunelle I have the same problem. it worked last night, stopped today. I've tried the PRL and Profile update.
  • abcccabccc Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    edited May 2015 #26
    It did not let me "sign up" for Premium Voice (not available in "available service" section via the Message App) until this roll out yesterday. How can I get the $2.99 price then?

I signed it up yesterday and updated PRL and Profile. After a while, I tried to make a call while Wifi and cell data are turned off. I did get a different message than before, but it says something like "you used up all the PV minutes for this month. Find an area with better signal and try it again".

There is very little information on how PV works. I have a few questions:

(1) How many PV minutes are included per month? Since I am "buying" a chunk of voice minutes, is there a way to force my Message App to use PV regardless of data speed?
    (2) Does PV apply on incoming calls also? For example, I am in an area with very bad data coverage but OK voice coverage, will the incoming call use 2G voice channel instead of VoIP?
    (3) Is the Message App smart enough to detect if VoIP is blocked when using Wifi? I have encountered cases where certain Wifi hotspots block VoIP call but FP still tries to make the call via Wifi.

As I said before, FreedomPop is just a toy until voice quality problem is resolved. As a seasoned high tech marketing person, I would try a different approach for Premium Voice:

(1) Assign a real phone number (not VoIP number) for PV user. Clearly stating how many minutes are included. PV subscriber can choose making call via PV or VoIP.

(2) Enhance the Message App so that the user can set what service (cell/VoIP/Wifi) is used for what kind of calls (for example, incoming calls are always via cell while outgoing calls depend on data speed).

(3) Once (1) and (2) are resolved, FreedomPop can easily charge $5.99 for PV. But until then, I see majority of people will cancel after trial, as FreedomPop does not demonstrate clearly how PV can solve the voice problem!