**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

BYOD phone automatically linking to wrong account

Jeffrey BlanchJeffrey Blanch FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
I'm trying to set up a BYOD phone into a new account. The phone went through the hands-free activation with Sprint just fine after performing the hard reset with MSL code, but when I install messenger, it never asks me for my email, it just automatically gets linked to someone else's account. I've tried clearing the data, uninstalling, and reinstalling, and I can't find any way to manually force the messaging app to change accounts.

Comments

• Jeffrey BlanchJeffrey Blanch FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
    Anyone? Freedompop support? I need to fix this for my daughter's phone.
    Can someone from freedompop please respond? I would think that you guys would be concerned that somehow I am able to access another customers account, use their minutes and data, and even apparently make changes to their services. Let alone the fact that i can't use my own account on the phone. How is the messaging app even deciding what account to use?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jeffrey Blanch did you get this resolved, yet ?
    If you were to send to you from your daughter's pone via email does the from address come up strange to you ? I find that really unusual.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    Nothing has been done about it, not even a request for more information. And yes, the phone receives texts and even calls from the other account. The freedompop messaging app is the only thing that doesn't work.
  • djinksdjinks FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭✭

And yes, the phone receives texts and even calls from the other account. The freedompop messaging app is the only thing that doesn't work.

If the FP Messaging app does not work, then with what are you making the calls and sending text?
    Freedompop Messaging. "Working" implies working the way it is supposed to, which would include accessing the correct account, which it isn't. And with no obvious way to change it, something is wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Hello @Jeffrey Blanch I apologize for this inconvenience and for the delay in response, I would be glad to look into your issues personally. Please check the email associated with your forum profile as an agent will contact you. Replying to the email from support can be done as you would a regular email (no need to log-in into Zendesk). :3