**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Android 5.1.1 update verification failed

Ronald HolderRonald Holder Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
I had read that a 5.1.1 update was released late last week. and today my Nexus 5 tried to fetch the OTA update, and it reported 'verification failed'. I tried a second time, it seemed to be downloading it again, and it displayed the same 'verification failed' message. Is our version of Android customized so that these updates are not going to ever install, or if its OK to update, what can I do to get the update to succeed? Note that this phone was purchased from FreedomPop pre-configured to work with their service, not a bring-your-own-device.

Comments

• Endrit ToskaEndrit Toska Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm also having a similar issue. I don't want to flash the rom from google because it is too time consuming and it might mess up something (kitting?). (https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images)
  • Ronald HolderRonald Holder Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    Endrit: I agree with your post. Just checked again, it gave me the same message again. Hoping someone from FP will advise me without having to file a ticket.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,375 admin
    Hello @Ronald Holder and @Endrit Toska I've gone ahead and refreshed your accounts on our end, please update your PRL/Profile and you guys should be good to go :+1:
  • Kishore PatelKishore Patel Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I am having the same issue as well with the Nexus 5 I bought recently. Is it possible to refresh my account and do the needful as well so that I can update to 5.1.1 update.
  • Tony CarterTony Carter Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    having the same problem too
  • Ronald HolderRonald Holder Posts: 15FreedomPop Newbie
    Jorge M. said:

Hello @Ronald Holder and @Endrit Toska I've gone ahead and refreshed your accounts on our end, please update your PRL/Profile and you guys should be good to go :+1:

I have done the updates: In Setttings, Wireless & networks, under More, under Cellular Networks, under Carrier Settings, I clicked Update PRL and Update profile. They both reported that they updated. I powered the phone down and back up, and I received a notification from FreedomPop with my assigned phone number from doing the update. Then I went back to System Updates, it downloaded once again and gave me Verification failed... again. So now what can be done?
  • Shawn MayerShawn Mayer Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Same issue here. Can you please refresh my account as well?
  • George KountourisGeorge Kountouris Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    Add me to the refresh your account list too please:

I am having the same issue as well with the Nexus 5 I bought recently. Is it possible to refresh my account and do the needful as well so that I can update to 5.1.1 update.
  • Sang SeongSang Seong Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm having same issue here too. Please add me to the refresh your account list too.
  • Gabriel LeasureGabriel Leasure Posts: 35FreedomPop Newbie
    me too please
  • Tony CarterTony Carter Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Needs mine refreshed Too
    @Tony Carter I was able to take a look into your account and it does look like your issue is separate.

When you disable the Automatic Top-Up feature your account will be suspended when you reach the top-up threshold. However, if you exceed your free data allotment in a single session, your account may switch to pay-as-you-go mode. Note that data usage reporting may be delayed by up to three hours.
    Our system suspends activity if you are within 100MB of your monthly data allotment and your account has a credit balance of less than $2.
    At everyone else, I apologize for the inconvenience, I want to let you know that our development team is working on a fix to be released soon. Thank you for your patience :)
  • HOVSEP YERGATIANHOVSEP YERGATIAN Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Mine needs to be refreshed as well, could you please do that. It ate up 100megs of data when it kept retrying to download, is there any way you can credit that back to my account?
  • DrtechensteinDrtechenstein Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    null
    Updating PRL isn't working for me on my new Nexus 5
  • Kenneth StephensKenneth Stephens Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I'ved used up data allowance trying to get this 5.1.1 update as well with continued verification failed errors. Can you credit my account and when do you think they'll have this fixed?
    why is messaging and calling using data? i only have 500 megs bro thats not a lot and I've only had my phone for a few days already went over
  • Shawn MayerShawn Mayer Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Jorge M. What is the ETA for the fix from the development team?
  • Aaron ThompsonAaron Thompson Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Jorge could you please refresh my account also.
  • Osprey45Osprey45 Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    I agree, between the messaging app and the 5.1.1 update the 500 mb data is going fast. Hopefully a fix for both is coming soon
  • Glenn BirkenfeldGlenn Birkenfeld Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie

Count me in as well. I even did a full phone reset and cannot upgrade to 5.1.1.

Also are there any other messenging apps to use? Apps like Textra or the Google Messengin results in errors in trying to send a text. Is this just me or other users experiencing this?

Also the phone number listed in the STATUS is the phone number from the "pre-owned" user. It did not update with a full reset. So even though I can make/receive calls the phone number listed in the phone status is not accurate.

Thanks.
    Glenn
  • Andrew GonzalezAndrew Gonzalez Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
    A person from the FreedomPop Product Dept. commented on my post about this, and told me that they "have no way of obtaining the verification signature keys" from Google, and that they would post about this in a few days. So, that's pretty dumb. You would think they would figure all of this out BEFORE they start selling their smartphones.
    hey!! its a free service calm down!!!
  • poonam jindalpoonam jindal Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    @Jorge M. could you please refresh my account too. I have also got failed android 5.1.1 notification
  • fraakfraak Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Me too please