Phone calling "hijacks" audio focus

Clark LandryClark Landry Posts: 71FreedomPop Newbie
I hope I can describe this issue in an understandable way.

If I make or receive a call - even if I don't answer - the speaker used for audio becomes the "default" for my phone and all sounds are sent through it until I reboot. It renders external bluetooth speakers useless. Tampering with sound settings has no effect. ONLY a reboot reverts the audio output back to normal. This is wildly inconvenient as it tends to redirect my alarms through the tiny "ear" speaker and in effect makes them virtually silent in practical situations.

This behavior seems somehow caused by FreedomPop's tie-in to the dialer system. I never had this problem previously, and after multiple factory resets I've found his glitch only presents after downloading and installing the messaging app.

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Clark Landry I would recommend using sameapk to download an older APK of the app. This will be fixed by the time the next release rolls out :-)
  • Clark LandryClark Landry Posts: 71FreedomPop Newbie
    @Ali

Thanks for the advice. Any estimate on when the app will be updated? Did you ever get that PM I sent about the other thing?
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Clark Landry The next release will hit Google Play within the next week or so. I didn't receive your PM, feel free to post here or a new discussion and I'll make sure to assist you :)
    @Ali

I have tried to send multiple PMs about the subject and tried making multiple threads/posts. Tried various different wordings, but for some reason FreedomPop's review system keeps gobbling them up. Is there an alternative method to get hold of you?
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @djinks

I posted in the other thread. Basically the workaround isn't a fix and doesn't work with a bluetooth speaker. Having to reboot is inconvenient, but between this and the data issue I am having I have come to realize FreedomPop is just a glitchy service.

Hopefully things will be fixed as time goes by; in the meantime FreedomPop seems pretty willing to issue refunds for poor service. They gave back my entire monthly payment because of my throttled 3G speed and the fact that not all of my calls and texts are going through. As frustrating as it is to have a rather unreliable service, as long as FreedomPop is going to keep giving my money back I'll stick with them while they iron out the bugs.

At least for the time being that is. Depends on how my"next step" pans out. I am going to directly contact the corporate office and try getting my issues resolved from that end of the organization - no offense to the customer support staff, but the fact that after a month and a half my problems haven't been fixed (and many of my posts don't get past the review system to be addressed) indicates that I need to get in touch with someone higher up the food chain.