**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

The sim card has locked, please power cycle the device, if the problem persists call customer servic

brokefreedompopbrokefreedompop Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
I have a Nexus 5 that I purchased from Google.

I have used it successfully on a Sprint MVNO (Ting).

I activated it on FreedomPop. Could not get service. Was told to buy a new sim. Bought new sim. Was told you could not change the sim on an account. Was told to set up a new account with a new email address. Set up new account, activated phone.

Whenever I turn on the phone the phone, the (FreedomPop) Messaging app starts up and tells me I'm logged in.

About 2 minutes later, I get a dialog box with a sim icon and "Cancel" and "OK". If I hit cancel, I immediately get another dialog box that says "The network did not respond in time. The sim card has locked, please power cycle the device, if the problem persists call customer service."

If I hit "OK", my web browser goes to dss:SprintSelfService/option/UICC code/0000001111111 , which is blank and after a couple of minutes I get the dialog box that says "The network did not respond in time. The sim card has locked, please power cycle the device, if the problem persists call customer service."

After that, I'm off the network. No wireless net. WiFi only.

I have:

1. Power cycled the device.
2. Called customer service.
3. Called Ting, asked them to release my MEID.
4. Bought a new sim card (Sprint, part: SIMGLW206R).
5. Installed the FreedomPop Messaging app.
6. Called Sprint customer service.
7. Factory reset, twice.
8. Updated PRL.
9. Updated profile.
10. *#*#72786#*#*

Nothing has worked.

Please fix,
thanks.

@Jorge M @FreedomPop

Comments

• brokefreedompopbrokefreedompop Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    @Jorge M @Karina Magana
    Russel, I would suggest exchanging your device since you have attempted most of our troubleshooting and nothing has worked. Please let me know if you would like to go ahead with the exchange.
    Really?

That's the official solution?

Buy a new phone?

This is not a hardware issue. I don't even believe it's a SIM issue. The phone, and the same model SIM work fine on Ting (another Sprint MVNO).

It is a network setup problem.

If you search for network did not respond in time. The sim card has locked on the forums, there are many people asking the same question. Not a single one has been resolved.

Update 7/12: there is one person who says they have resolved it.

Germina90 does not mention the phone they are using.

I have, in the past, done the ##786... dance. Several times, without success.
  • brokefreedompopbrokefreedompop Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Note to @Jorge M:

I've found a fix.

I put the Freedompop SIM back in my phone, so I could look up the proper details to cancel my account.

When it booted up, it said something along the lines of "You haven't used any data in a while so we shut down your account, do something something to reactivate."

So I did.

When I was done reprovisioning I had a new phone number. Not the Freedompop phone number for phone calls and texts, but the fake one used to provision the phone. As found in Settings > About phone > Status > Sim status > My phone number.

Once done with Update profile and Update PRL, this number worked fine. No more "The sim card has locked, please power cycle the device."

It's been working fine for three or four days.

So, if you have this problem, ask customer service to give you a phone number. Heh, good luck.

If they do not know how to do so, or refuse, let the account go dormant. You may get a new phone number that works.

How long does it need to be dormant to reset? No idea.

Mine was dormant for about 40 days.
  • cparkecparke Posts: 32FreedomPop Newbie
    edited December 2015 #5

Really?

That's the official solution?

Buy a new phone?

This is not a hardware issue. I don't even believe it's a SIM issue. The phone, and the same model SIM work fine on Ting (another Sprint MVNO).

It is a network setup problem.

I got this problem on a phone I bought directly from FreedomPop which was pre-activated by them! Right out of the box.

The problem, of course, is the ICCID (SIM card number) installed in the phone does not match the ICCID that is paired with the phone on Sprint's network setup. Somebody changed the SIM card but did not update the database!

The reps are not very knowledgeable about how to fix the registration. Apparently there is more than one place that needs to be fixed. The first rep I called said he updated it, but 4G only worked briefly and the SIM locked message came up again. Another rep tried to deactivate and re-activate the device, but still the SIM locked message came up. After that, I told them just deactivate the device off the network and let me call back in a few hours. The next rep then notices the ICCID registered to the deactivated device was still wrong, fixed that, then reactivated and 4G began working and the SIM locked message went away.

So, I think the answer here is the problem needs to be fixed while the phone is deactivated and off the network!

Post edited by cparke on
  • RobertoHerreraRobertoHerrera Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Does my Norfolk dominance sustainable message board need adjustments because John is willing to calibrate in baby-boomers
  • zamaklizamakli Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    I bought new iPhone8 plus and then I changed the SIM to my new phone it said the SIM has locked please power cycle the phone. I tried to power cycle already but it's not working(no service).
    Plex Lucky Patcher Kodi
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • oyiindaa_16oyiindaa_16 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I have same problem with my note 5....it keeps saying SIM has locked please power cycle the phone. I tried to power cycle already but it's not working(no service).

What can I do
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,553
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.