**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

IMEI invalid

cjtannucjtannu FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
I'm checking a couple of phones I have to see if I can port to FreedomPop. Right now I'm on Net10 and I have a Samsung Galaxy s3 on the Sprint network and it says that it isn't supported at this time, but looks like it should be according to this thread: https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/4646/supported-phones-what-phones-can-i-activate-with-freedompop-on-byod-update-02-20-2015#latest

I have a Samsung galaxy s4 as well which is on the LTE network, but anytime I enter the IMEI it says it is invalid.

Would appreciate any help in validating if I can move these devices over. If I can, I'd love to get on FreedomPop this weekend.

Note: Tried emailing support and get the following error:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

>>> [email protected] (reading confirmation): 550-5.7.1 Unauthenticated email from yahoo.com is not accepted due to domain's
550-5.7.1 DMARC policy. Please contact administrator of yahoo.com domain if
550-5.7.1 this was a legitimate mail. Please visit
550-5.7.1 http://support.google.com/mail/answer/2451690 to learn about DMARC
550 5.7.1 initiative. vb4si13580473pac.93 - gsmtp

Comments

• Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @cjtannu Unfortunately your SIII failed the FEC which requires that phones must be inactive for 2-4 weeks after previously being active for a month before activation with another MVNO like FreedomPop is possible. Once that requirement is satisfied you will be able to activate your SIII with FreedomPop :)

In terms of your S4, did you try removing the last number from the IMEI and trying again?
  • cjtannucjtannu FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
    Hi Ali,

Thanks for the response. Can you clarify what you mean by the inactivity? Do I need to remove my phone from the Net10 service altogether for 2-4 weeks before I can move it over to freedompop?

I'll try removing the last number and see if that works.

Corey
  • djinksdjinks FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭✭
    @cjtannu
    Yes the phone must be deactivated from the current MVNO and then you must wait as much as 30 days for the device to be available to other MVNOs
    Thanks @djinks I'd be able to check on the freedompop site to see if it frees up sooner than 30 days, right? The IMEI tool is realtime checking for availability?
    Quick follow up question too, if I have a different phone to use, can I port the number from the s3 to the new phone that isn't active on an MVNO?
  • Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @cjtannu Yea, you should be able to swap the numbers as long as the other phone is activated.