If you have not recently performed a Carrier Reset to your mobile device, we recommend doing so to ensure that your FreedomPop service is operating to its best capability. This does not cause the loss of any information saved on your mobile device. You can find instructions by selecting the following link: https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3017/

For additional topics related to your concern, please visit our online Self-Help Knowledge Base at https://support.freedompop.com

Introducing the new Freedom Friends group!

Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
You asked for it, now you shall receive.

Based off of the popular Freedom Friends connect group on FaceBook, I decided to create a Freedom Friends group here where everything is localized!

If you'd like to connect with other users to earn a 500MB bonus and double your free data, or if you have extra data that you don't want to waste, or if you simply are data hungry and need more without being charged for it, this group is for you! Now you can connect with other users and if you have any extra data or need extra data, you can send your requests through! *that rhymed*

You can find more information by joining the group itself over at https://forums.freedompop.com/group/5-freedompop-friends-connect

*Be advised that this group is join request only so you won't be able to see other email addresses without joining the group first. This was implemented to prevent spam and robots so that you won't worry about getting millions of emails advertising a free cruise you have to pay $5,000 for. Violating the Forum ToS or doing anything unethical in the group will get you "kicked" effectively barring you from group privileges.

Comments

• olrsolrs FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 410
    @Ali

If I join, will it use the email address associated with the forum account? I don't want to share that email, I'd like to share others that I have connected to multiple accounts.
  • Ali Ali FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @olrs It will use your forum account however you will have to "post" your email addresses like you would with a normal comment to a thread. :)
  • olrsolrs FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 410
    @Ali

Thank you.

Will my forum account email automatically be public or does every email need to be added manually?

Can I ask people to message me if they need data? If they submit a request online I won't see it but if they PM me I can approve the request and send data.

I'm looking forward to helping out those in need of data.
  • Heather  GeorgeHeather George FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 9
    ready and willing for the new group!! lets do this!! :D
  • dwight goliday jrdwight goliday jr FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 42
    @Ali, this was a great idea. I have been looking for data friends for months now. Thank you for this new page!
  • Kimberly WilliamsKimberly Williams FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
    I am kymee. The forum won't let me post anything anymore. it keeps asking me to confirm my email address. I did that once. Also I am not receivin the emails that the member of the forum sent me. Help
  • Wade BuchananWade Buchanan FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 62
    This is a great idea! How long does it take to be accepted into this group? Thanks!
  • djinksdjinks FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭✭
    @Kimberly Williams
    You can sign into the forum as kymee, but cannot then post in this thread? Are you on a PC when doing this? Please post a screenshot of the error you get. I will ask @Ali to look into it.

This is a great idea! How long does it take to be accepted into this group? Thanks!

@Wade Buchanan You seem to be accepted to the group already.
  • Emily JangEmily Jang FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    I have trouble to use my freedompop cell phone. about 2(?) months ago I got phone called request my credit card update information I was scared it were fraud so hannged off, I wonder does it caused ,y cell phone malfunctions today? please help me.
    @Emily Jang Please create a new detailed discussion for your problem you're having, someone will be able to assist you soon.

@djinks Everything looks good so far on my end. I think you're able to have full access to the group too :)
    @Wade Buchanan Great to hear!
  • Wade BuchananWade Buchanan FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 62
    I would like to make a suggestion to Freedompop to create pools of shared texts and shared voice minutes also. I think it would be great to be able to share and give away those also to anyone who needs them!
  • preston32preston32 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 9
    Can I please get added? I'm looking to get the 500 extra megs.
  • Kimberly WilliamsKimberly Williams FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
    I get no comment box at the bottom of the page when I log in under @kymee. I only get one when I log in under @Kimberly Williams. I can't take screen shot cause the box is not there on the phone and I don't really have Internet. I tried t do it with my phone, but it didn't work right.
  • jelfre doleojelfre doleo FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    How do i know if i join the group?
  • Michele MillerMichele Miller FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 9
    This Freedom Friends group is wonderful. I was added to the group, I passed along my email address and I found others email addresses listed. I sent them an invite to add me as a friend and I am getting free data for each new friend! How can you beat that with a stick??? So everyone who adds me as a friend I am sharing my free data with them as a Thank You! This is both fun and easy! :-)
  • Michele MillerMichele Miller FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 9
    How would i find out Wade Buchanons email to add as a friend? In case i ever need to borrow data?
    @MicheleM
    Search for Wade in the email thread inside the group you joined. You may find he was already in the list of friends you added.
  • Shawn HughesShawn Hughes FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 8
    Sorry,
    I guess I'm just having a brain fart. I don't understand this campaign. What does networking between freedompoppers really do? I mean, none of y'all actually talk, right?
    How is FP benefiting from this? Do they market our emails?

They are giving us data in return for our connecting. I just am not tracking on how this benefits them, I suppose.

Thanks!
  • nymissy58nymissy58 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 1
    I signed up for a free account in July and FreedomPop is charging me for August $19.99.. I have used the phone a few times to make a call.... My credit card I used hasn't any money on it because I was leary they would try to charge me and sure enough.. they did charge me and suspended my account ... What can I do to get my free account back since I was suspended for not paying for something I never signed up for?
  • Wendy AtkinWendy Atkin FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 7
    I am up for this.
  • Ali ChakAli Chak FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 25
    nymissy58 said:

I signed up for a free account in July and FreedomPop is charging me for August $19.99.. I have used the phone a few times to make a call.... My credit card I used hasn't any money on it because I was leary they would try to charge me and sure enough.. they did charge me and suspended my account ... What can I do to get my free account back since I was suspended for not paying for something I never signed up for?

You might've forgotten to cancel the free trial thing?
    Hi~ I'm sort of a new-old-sorta member of FreedomPop. I got the phone when they told me I could request it. So, yep. Hi~