**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Despite blue light on MiFi 4082 and connecting tablet to the MiFI, why can't I access the internet?

Shelly MayShelly May Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
I purchased the MiFi 4082 and have the plan providing 500MB a month for free. I turned on the device and a blue light appeared indicating 4G. On the coverage map for New York City, it shows 4G is available, Why after connecting my tablet to the MiFi, can't I access the internet?

Answers

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shelly May How many dots appear below the GPS symbol?
  • Shelly MayShelly May Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    One dot, which represents the tablet I connected to the MiFi4082, correct?
    @Shelly May Yes, that is correct. Your MiFi isn't functioning weirdly so this has to be an account issue. Have you tried going into your account? How much data do you have remaining?
  • kelly eichmankelly eichman Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
    I have been having the same problem!! https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/9824/new-user-mifi-4082-no-internet-access#latest Did you yours working?
    In the "My Usage" page of my account it says I've used 0 MB, I still have 500MB available to use.

The tablet I am using was not purchased from freedompop, does that matter?

Also, on the "Order status" page of my account, which shows these four stages, only the first two stages are checked off:
    1- Processing
    2- Device Allocated
    3- Kitting
    4- Shipped

So even though I received the MiFi 4082 device this past Friday (May 29), the order status page does not reflect that.
    @Shelly May I don't think your device was activated properly. If you go to FreedomPop.com/activate are you able to activate your device?
    Ali, when I'm logged into my account and I go to FreedomPop.com/activate , the "Order status" page shows.
    The information that appears on the "Order status" is as described in my previous comment.
    Ali, I tried using the reset button. This resulted in the LED Status button turning green (3G). I still can't access the internet.
    I spoke to someone in customer support; the MiFi 4082 had not been activated, before it was shipped to me, so it was remotely activated using the MEID. But even after the activation, I am still not able to access any websites, even though the coverage map shows that 4G is available in New York City.

Another problem is in my account online; the period plan is stated as May 20 to June 20. According to the postal tracking # the MiFi was shipped to me on May 28th, so I don't know where the May 20th date comes from. And the website has an offer to rollover my unused MBs for a "special price" of $3.49/month. But I don't have internet access, so how can I use any of it.