Kinda confused. Plan says unlimited data w/ 500 MB high speed, but I got charged for overages

Dennis FieldDennis Field Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
After my last ticket, I was going to go in there and try to find a way to shut data off because apparently I can’t get the user to conserve her usage. But, it says unlimited.

Why did I get charged for overage when the plan states this:

Data Limit: Unlimited
High Speed Data Limit: 500 MB

Comments

• trex005trex005 Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Came here with the same question.
  • ramdxenramdxen Posts: 169FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017 #3
    If one has unlimited data, then, unless part of a trial in which is only free for the first month, I'd expect one to get monthly bills and already know they are paying for unlimited. If a charge surprised you, then might it be a possibility this is the actual charge for the unlimited service, and not overage? Not downgrading to the basic (free) plan before the month expires can do this. If it is, in fact, an overage charge, you're a paying customer and could therefore submit a ticket to customer support and have it solved by the billing dept. If it's a genuine error, I am sure you will be refunded.
  • Dennis FieldDennis Field Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Well, looks like they “fixed” it, it no longer says Unlimited. Disappointing, as throttling would be MUCH easier to deal with than being billed and not knowing whether and when it will **** up my budget. I basically am a paying customer, since they keep charging me every month instead of just stopping the account from using the data and eating up all the credit they keep charging me to top up. Though I suspect with a ticket or two about it every month back when they allowed free customers to submit tickets, I’ve probably cost them more than $2 of time even just copying and pasting the standard response.

Honestly kinda hate Android, it makes it super hard to conserve data usage. Two hours yesterday just sending text messages on Facebook and Hangouts, and it’s already 27 MB
  • Richard KleinRichard Klein Posts: 7FreedomPop Newbie
    Go into settings, to Data usage. You should find a toggle switch to turn Cellular data on/off.

I'm not sure how you can make that automatically shut off when a certain amount of data has been used, but you can turn it off manually.