**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

SIM PIN of a Global SIM card?

SmurketteSmurkette Posts: 25FreedomPop Newbie
I purchased a Global SIM card from Best Buy. I've already activated it. It connects to the T-mobile network.

I'd like to change the SIM PIN of the SIM card but I don't know what the default PIN is. Since it appears to be a T-mobile SIM card, I entered the default SIM PIN of T-mobile SIM cards (based on T-mobile SIM cards I have) - 1234. It's incorrect.

Does anyone know the default SIM PIN of Global SIM cards?

Best Answer

• SmurketteSmurkette Posts: 25FreedomPop Newbie
    #2 Accepted Answer
    My second attempt on my Global SIM card was 0000. That worked!

So, for anyone else who wants to know the default SIM PIN of Global SIM cards (I bought mine from Best Buy, USA), it's 0000.

Answers

• trackballtrackball Posts: 1,583FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get back on firefox and check all the post w/pin, port or release.
    You said it works, and there isn't a default #, so why bother.
  • limeylimey Posts: 674FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    @Smurkette - it might be worth submitting a ticket asking the default SIM PIN.

BTW, the Globals are not T-Mobile SIMs (they also connect to AT&T in the USA), so the T-Mobile (or AT&T) defaults won't work. I wouldn't try guessing, since you might lock the SIM.
  • Dennis BourniqueDennis Bournique Posts: 135FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    The FreedomPop Global and LTE SIMs sold in the US don't have a default PIN. You can set a SIM PIM using the Settings > Security menu on Android phones.
  • SmurketteSmurkette Posts: 25FreedomPop Newbie
    The Freedompop SIM

The FreedomPop Global and LTE SIMs sold in the US don't have a default PIN. You can set a SIM PIM using the Settings > Security menu on Android phones.

They do have default SIM PINs. When I go to Settings/Phone/SIM PIN, it asks for a SIM PIN.

The LTE SIM card I got earlier this year had a 1111 SIM PIN (AT&T). I first tried 0000 (because that's what Freedompop Support told me the SIM PIN was) but that didn't work. I then searched on the AT&T website and it said the default PIN is 1111.

I haven't figured out the default PIN of this Global SIM card I just bought. 1234 didn't work (2 more attempts left, says my phone). 1111 (tried this on my sister's Global SIM card) also wasn't it.

With some people getting several Global SIM cards per person, I would have thought some people would have already figured this one out.