**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Phantom Visual Voicemail

SarisinSarisin FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
For about the past month during each day several times I receive notification that I received a new Freedompop Visual Voicemail. Each time I clear the voicemail and it still comes back several hours later as a new voicemail received.

The reason I keep clearing the notification is because THERE IS NO VOICEMAIL THERE! I have tried everything to locate this phantom voicemail, but there is nothing. I am able to receive and read subsequent voicemails, but every day same thing - "you have a new voicemail," but when I check there is not voicemail.

How do I clear this phantom voicemail from my Freedompop Visual Voicemail?

Thank you.

Comments

• eugeneofcalgaryeugeneofcalgary Unconfirmed, FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    Did you get this resolved? I am having the exact same problem with Visual Voicemail. It used to work well, but somehow, after an upgrade, it started to notify me with bogus voicemail notifications.
  • eugeneofcalgaryeugeneofcalgary Unconfirmed, FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    Did you get this issue resolved?
  • pikenpiken FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 124
    Yes, I too have "Zombie" voicemails.

I have a couple voice mails that refuse to die. Issue is wide spread with no response of update.

delete, and next time you check voice they come back.

Clear cache, clear data, un-install, re-install none of it works and is current version.

Many complaints on this, here and on Google Playstore.

I've had to un-install the voice app completely until a fix comes out.

• bobontampabay1bobontampabay1 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
    Same problem: phone tries to connect to Voicemail, but icon just circles. I have used other phones to leave messages on the voice mail, now I get notifications a couple of times a day saying I have voicemail. Can't get them. Can't change the outgoing greeting. . Can't delete FPvisual voicemail. Please HELP.
  • María_MMaría_M FP Flyer Posts: 2,162 admin

Same problem: phone tries to connect to Voicemail, but icon just circles. I have used other phones to leave messages on the voice mail, now I get notifications a couple of times a day saying I have voicemail. Can't get them. Can't change the outgoing greeting. . Can't delete FPvisual voicemail. Please HELP.

Hello bobontampabay! We apologize for the inconvenience, please make sure to download or update to the latest version of the FreedomPop Text and Messaging app and Visual Voicemail app (for Andriod only), available a the Play Store or App Store. The updated version of our app should fix this issue.

Here is the link for our FreedomPop Text and Messaging app

iOS link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/freedompop-free-voice-text/id835399970?mt=8

Android Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freedompop.phone&hl=en
  • Jakore  Jakore FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 4
    Did this work for the rest of you? Because it didn't for me. I completely uninstalled everything freedompop related, took voicemail service off my account, re-bought voicemail, and reinstalled new versions of all the apps. Oh look, my ghostmails are back.

Oh yeah, I also can't log in to support to submit a ticket.
  • Jossie GonzalezJossie Gonzalez Posts: 19 admin
    Jakore said:

Did this work for the rest of you? Because it didn't for me. I completely uninstalled everything freedompop related, took voicemail service off my account, re-bought voicemail, and reinstalled new versions of all the apps. Oh look, my ghostmails are back.

Oh yeah, I also can't log in to support to submit a ticket.

Hi Jakore. Thank you for contacting us. I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing problems. We will be opening a private message regarding this matter as we need to provide and gather personal account information.
This discussion has been closed.