**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

what is difference between Basic LTE 200 and Basic 200 semi-annual plan

Weihan WangWeihan Wang Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
I just purchased LTE Sim card, and downgraded to free basic plan. But I found this Basic 200 Semi-Annual plan and will be billed every 6 month. So i think the plan is not free plan. Can you help me change the plan to Basic LTE 200 free plan? Thank you very much.

Answers

• trackballtrackball Posts: 1,583FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both are free, but if you go over, they chrg 2 cents a meg.
    Keep top-up enabled w/valid cc.
  • Weihan WangWeihan Wang Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    Freedompop Reply: We are so sorry for the inconvenience that it has caused you when you realized that you are still subscribed to the unlimited everything. Upon checking your account, I do see that on 08-25-2017 you purchased an LTE SIM KIT on a Semi Annual plan, that includes: Premium LTE 2GB Unlimited Semi-Annual and FreedomPop Phone Premier Semi-Annual. Your sim card has this phone number assigned: .

I would like to let you know that since you signed up for a semi annual plan even though you have downgraded it, you are still subscribed to that service and you will get charge for it.

So, I recommend you to activate this sim card on a new account and make sure you sign up for a monthly plan. To do that, we will need to un assign this sim card under this email address in order to you to active under a new email address.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,246FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does that mean the the normal downgrade instructions are ineffective when one is signed up for a semi-annual plan ?
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Hyunsuk SeoHyunsuk Seo Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I got thre semi annual plan. I don't understand the differance in between..nor find any information about it.

My wife's sim card is monthly and mine is semi-annual. And upgrade price for 2gb was $24.99 for my wife and mine showed only $12.99 per month.

Plan itself seems like exactly same..but cheaper...I really don't get it.
  • trackballtrackball Posts: 1,583FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you use 1 acct. when you got 3 sims ?
    I seen the 99 cent offer but read it before I posted my 1st answer.
    Poster #3 sounds like a admin. answered, so try moving them to a diff. acct. but if they are in sep. accts. don't combine them into 1.
  • moapys1moapys1 Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    Did anyone ever sort out how to revert to a "free" plan when first activated as a Semi-Annual? I, too, just noticed that - and am still in my trial month: It seems that I need to deactivate this SIM, and then ascribe it to a different email/account...unlike what I did years ago on the GSM/Global SIM...'really?! :s
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,246FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten more sorting "info" on this.
    You start with either a trial of a monthly plan or a trial of semi-annual plan.
    Both can be downgraded to FREE, one shows BASIC 200 other show semi-annual BASIC 200. Both are FREE every month. Plus any overages that may occur. Overage costs are 2c / MB for either account.

The Semi-annual SIM can upgrade into a Semi-annual plan any time later (or maybe only on any 6 month anniversary).

Then monthly costs for 2 GB with unlimited talk & text is $24.99. Plus a services bundle for $9.99
    The semi-annual SIM shows $12.99 for the same and $3.49 for the bundle. So $16.48 x 6 = $98.88 charged once every 6 months. If you downgrade to FREE and then upgrade later to Semi-annual plan it may not be the same, an admin has said so, but no one has confirmed so, yet.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • danman01danman01 Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I am figuring this out too. When I signed up for the "free trial", I then went to downgrade to the basic free plan.

What I found was:
    - you will be charged $10 upon downgrading (making it not free)
    - this is to have a bank to use when you go over your data limit
    - you will still be under a paying service, the Phone Premier Semi-Annual service
    - Phone Premier Semi-Annual service is billed semi annually, meaning twice a year. Mine was ~ $26 / 6 months. Yours may be as much as twice that much...?
    - To downgrade the Service, go into your services list and deactivate it. Also, managing services is possible via the Messages phone app.

That service gives you the following features:

- visual voicemail <-- useless
    - data rollover <-- this one looks useful to save you $$ and worth the extra monthly service charge if you plan on using over the free tier of data on a regular basis. Remember it's .02c / m after 500mb on the free plan.
    - usage alerts <-- kinda useful to save you $$
    - MMS texting <-- kinda useful
    - pay as you go boost <-- ..?
    - ad blocker <-- useless unless easily annoyed
    - ads free messanger <-- useless unless easily annoyed
    - private internet (with extra app) <-- useless unless paranoid
    - data compression (with extra app) <-- kinda useful