Visual voice not working

Kenny SingletonKenny Singleton Posts: 36FreedomPop Newbie
VVM It's turned on in my account.

First question: I see the tutorial online on How to Use visual Voice, and it states:

To access Visual Voicemail, click on your All Apps icon, then scroll through the list until you find the Visual Voicemail application. The Apps icon is usually located in the bottom row of apps on your phone. Finally, tap Voicemail to open the application. You may need to sign into your FreedomPop account.

Is that to say once I do that it is "supposed" to be ready to go? Also I have two programs, they both have the little recorder icon, one is white and one is sky blue, I'm using the white one but have probably tried both. All I can see that I need to do since there are no other in instructions, is edit my reception message for the voicemail but I get an error when I try to upload that. I did actually get it to record my message once but it was unusable as it cut in and out, even if I could upload it. My reception is good so the skips/cut outs make no sense.

Is there a setup tutorial, or again, is it supposed to be set up already and if so, what do I do about not being able to upload my customized answer message?

Please help, and if this isn't the best category, please let me know whae I should put it.

Answers

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,376FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kenney Singleton,
    Are you still needing help with VVM ?
    1. Need a subscription in services to VVM, either individually or in a services pak.
    2. Download and install the Visual Voicemail App by FreedomPop.
    3. There is a setting to turn on message taking (even if you don't have voicemail). Needs to be on to have messages taken for you. It is in "settings" under "voice settings"

Now it should be ready to work once you are logged in.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Kenny SingletonKenny Singleton Posts: 36FreedomPop Newbie
    The app says "Visual Voice mail" at the top of the page, and in the center of the page "no voicemails". On the right side of "Visual Voice mail" are the settings.

There is no "voice settings" there, only check now, edit greeting, delete all, tutorials, about, logout.

Am I in the right place? If not please be very specific how to get to that setting and such...thanks
    The app says "Visual Voice mail" at the top of the page, and in the center of the page "no voicemails". On the right side of "Visual Voice mail" are the settings.

There is no "voice settings" there, only check now, edit greeting, delete all, tutorials, about, logout.

Am I in the right place? If not please be very specific how to get to that setting and such...thanks
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,376FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017 #5
    No, you need to be in your online account. Accessible via tablet, PC, etc. from browser - http://my.freedompop.com email address & password. Click the 3 lines in a square in upper left to open menu. Select "account settings" at bottom of menu. Then "voice settings".

That same account info is accessible from your phone also. I think you can get there from the Messaging App - one of the options in it's menu.

If you call from another phone to yours, and do not answer, does it go to voicemail and can you leave a message ? If not, that setting needs to be turned on.
    After calling myself, bringing up the voicemail/app, I see "Kenny" "transcribing voicemail"...

I click that, and it repeats the "transcribing voicemail" and shows the actual voicemail, but still no "visual"

I rarely check mine. I opened it up and see blue & white screen showing all my messages.
    Each starts with a blue & white silhouette then a black letter phone number. Under the number is gray text of the spoken conversation. Also Date and duration in min:sec. Clicking on a message opens more detail.
    "Message Transcription (beta) - Confidence: 67%
    Text of beginning of conversation. --- Only 2 letters out of 38 characters were in error.

Then a record/playback section. First is graph of the message.
    Below is Speaker , play arrow, and trash can.
    I also think I can make a call or text this person from that screen.

Is this the way you see yours ?
    I press play and with volume to max I can hear the message I left my self a few days ago.
    OK, I see the setting you mention are in my account, and as mentioned they are turned on
    Hold on and let me call myself and test it again. I think it takes some time for the voice mail to come through so, I'll get back with you soon as it does, if I do not do that, all is well.

Thanks
    Yes, I'm in the right place, but "transcribing" is a s far as it gets...never actually transcribes..