**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

what is the PUK code?

Peter WuPeter Wu Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
When trying to set a screen lock code, I accidentally went into the sim lock setup. At first it wouldn't let me set a new pin because it says I need to enter the current pin. When I tried again, suddenly the phone becomes locked and a screen prompts me for the PUK code. Where do I get the PUK code from? Rebooting doesn't help.

Comments

• EMobleyEMobley Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    This happens to me too. What is the way to handle this? The puk is usually on the card attached to the sim card but there are too many numbers. Can't call support during weekends. Now no service until I can get through. Bummer.
  • sdans563sdans563 Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I am also stuck on PUK
  • Bubbles AndersonBubbles Anderson Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I am having this issue. I put in what I thought was my pin number and now I am locked out of my phone. I just got it working again. Does anyone know how to fix this?
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,235FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bubbles Anderson
    A personal unblocking code (PUC), also known as a personal unlocking key (PUK), is used in 3GPP mobile phones to reset a personal identification number (PIN) that has been lost or forgotten. Most mobile phones offer the feature of PIN protection.

FreedomPop is able to look up your device ID and determine the PUK that is needed.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • Nicolas DelaporteNicolas Delaporte Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I have myself asked the PUK to FreedomPop, one guy of the support team answered that my code was 00000000. This answer is wrong, it doesn't work (and its not a surprise for me, such a PUK code isn't supposed to be used). I have asked again, the same guy of the support team now pretends that the PUK code is written on the SIM card or on the frame. I have checked both, both sides, the only number I found is the ICCID, which is not the PUK. I told this to the support, the same guy answered my SIM is dead and I have to order a new one!
    This is not an acceptable answer, my SIM is not PUK locked yet, FreedomPop has to provide me the PUK code of my SIM card!
  • dwh367dwh367 Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie

I have myself asked the PUK to FreedomPop, one guy of the support team answered that my code was 00000000. This answer is wrong, it doesn't work (and its not a surprise for me, such a PUK code isn't supposed to be used). I have asked again, the same guy of the support team now pretends that the PUK code is written on the SIM card or on the frame. I have checked both, both sides, the only number I found is the ICCID, which is not the PUK. I told this to the support, the same guy answered my SIM is dead and I have to order a new one!
    This is not an acceptable answer, my SIM is not PUK locked yet, FreedomPop has to provide me the PUK code of my SIM card!

I wish you luck. I've been trying to get my PUK for over two weeks now. I don't need it just yet but I require a SIM PIN upon power up, in addition to the phone passcode, as an extra layer of security. If anyone gets ahold of my phone and tries to figure out my SIM PIN then I'll need my PUK (as long as they don't keep trying to figure that one out too).

My wife works as a customer service support coach for one of the major carriers. Even a baseline customer service representative has access to the default SIM PINs and the SIM PUKs. My primary wireless provider even includes them on the SIM card packaging. There is absolutely no reason why FreedomPop can't do the same or even list it on our under our account information.

The only way FreedomPop will ever survive is if they actually train their employees on how their system works. Especially when it comes to GSM. They all seem to think it works just like Sprint's CDMA system and it doesn't. What's even worse is they can't seem to tell the difference between the Global SIMs and the LTE SIMs. What works for one doesn't always work for the other.

There is no way in **** I would ever consider becoming a paying customer of FreedomPop. Not with their level of disorganization anyway. I've had a cell phone since 1994 and they are by far the worst wireless carrier I've ever dealt with.

That and they don't have a dog in the wireless race. With my primary wireless provider I get 4 lines of unlimited text, talk & data for $100 a month period. I can also upgrade our phones, at a discounted rate, every 3 months. As M.C. Hammer sang back in the 80's "Can't Touch This".

The sole reason I am using FreedomPop is so I have a backup phone on a separate network than what my primary network is. I'm using an older unlocked phone from my current carrier so all I had to pay for was the SIM card and the $5 to turn off the auto top up. There is no way I could ever deal with using FreedomPop as my primary provider.