A few questions w/ regards to extra data and Top Up

WQYUWQYU Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
I am happy that I earn extra data but I do have a question with the extra data that I do earn. If I earn extra data from the date that it was issued or credited to me do I have a certain amount of time to use it?

I want to disable the top up so I am not automatically billed however when I go to click on the little slider a pop-up window appears and says that I need to subscribe to some service is there a way that I can disable the top up and not subscribe to the service or has to be one or the other? Meaning that I cannot disable the top up without subscribing and the only way to unsubscribe is Top-Up must be enabled?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 435
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Jeffrey BurgerJeffrey Burger Posts: 319FreedomPop Newbie ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018 #3
    DiegoG said:

You must have the FreedomPop Safety Mode service to disable Top Ups, it includes:

*An additional 500MB for the remainder of your current plan cycle
    *A 10% boost on your plan data every plan cycle
    *Disable Automatic Top-up at any time without the $15 credit application
    *Never pay for an overage when Automatic Top-up is disabled
    *Control your data speeds whenever and wherever you are

This is at a rate of $4.99 per month and it is a really good deal if you want to keep control of the overage in your account.

It's $6.99 per month. It is a vastly over-priced service, if it were $6.99 per year it might be worth considering.

IMO, it would make little sense to pay this month after month. At 2.5 cents per MB, $7.99 would pay for an extra 280 MB per month. Instead for $6.99 you get 10%, which is all of 20 MB extra. Meanwhile, you can just add 10 friends and you get an extra 500 MB every month for free.

If you set a data limit on your phone, I would think there is little chance that you will exceed the data limit by nearly 300 MB every singe month.
    Post edited by Jeffrey Burger on
  • WQYUWQYU Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    DiegoG said:

WQYU said:

I am happy that I earn extra data but I do have a question with the extra data that I do earn. If I earn extra data from the date that it was issued or credited to me do I have a certain amount of time to use it?

I want to disable the top up so I am not automatically billed however when I go to click on the little slider a pop-up window appears and says that I need to subscribe to some service is there a way that I can disable the top up and not subscribe to the service or has to be one or the other? Meaning that I cannot disable the top up without subscribing and the only way to unsubscribe is Top-Up must be enabled?

Hello,

I'll happily assist you with your inquiries. The data for the plan and earned data expires at the end of the billing cycle, unless you have the Rollover Data service, which allows you to transfer up to 500MB to the next billing cycle.

I understand your concern with the pop-up message that the system shows when attempting to disable the Auto top-up service. You must have the FreedomPop Safety Mode service to disable Top Ups, it includes:

*An additional 500MB for the remainder of your current plan cycle
    *A 10% boost on your plan data every plan cycle
    *Disable Automatic Top-up at any time without the $15 credit application
    *Never pay for an overage when Automatic Top-up is disabled
    *Control your data speeds whenever and wherever you are

This is at a rate of $4.99 per month and it is a really good deal if you want to keep control of the overage in your account.
    Thank you for replying to me. I am a bit disappointed that rollover data isn't available to everyone perhaps maybe in the near future that can be, but at least it's pretty easy to earn extra data so that is good.

Which data do I use first do I start using the date of that is a lot of to me either 200 megabytes, 1 gigabyte or do I start using the extra data that I have earned and once I've used up the extra data then I begin to use the data that has been a lot of to me?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.