How does data sharing work

John FifeJohn Fife Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
Where can I find details about data sharing? I found nothing in the Help pages.

Is there a fee or "haircut" (e.g., 200MB subtracted from my account for each 100MB added to friend's account) on gifts.

Limits? Per gift? Per friend? Per month? I do see one forum post that says 100MB per friend per month, but it's not clear to me whether the 500MB total monthly maximum he mentions refers to friend bonuses (i.e., 50MB x 10 friends) or 500MB in total gifts (e.g., 5 friends each gifting 100MB to you), or the sum of those two amounts. And does that 500MB max apply to incoming gifts, outgoing gifts, or the sum of incoming+outgoing gifts, or what?

Are there restrictions on sharing data between friends are on different plans? For example, someone with a WiMAX mobile hotspot on a 4G-only Pro 500MB plan sharing with someone who has an LTE mobile hotspot on a premium 2GB plan)?

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can send 100 MBs to a single person, 500 MBs total.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,281FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    One gift per month per recipient. Amount can be 20, 50, or 100 mb. Cannot send 2nd gift.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • John FifeJohn Fife Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks. That clears a lot up.
  • helpmepleasehelpmeplease Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    It is up to 100mb every 2 months. Check your account. I think this was. Hanged recently. Once you give any amount to a friend you can not give them
    Anymore for 2 months.
This discussion has been closed.