Excessive Data Usage

tarunapatel1960tarunapatel1960 Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
Hello all,
Freedompop app on my iPhone 5S has been pulling high amounts of data. I'm on the free plan, phone is being used for nothing more than talk and text. Mobile data for all apps except Freedompop have been turned off - settings can confirm usage.

Randomly the app will pull up to 20mb in one shot - can anyone assist me please?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • user300user300 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi,
    I have exactly same problem. Today, suddenly out of the blue my phone started to consume data like crazy - 20.01 or 50.02 Mb every minute between 3:16 - 3:34 PM, account was suspended for suspicious activity. Phone is used for talk, text and Google maps navigation (on the same route for several years - and everyday usage was 20Mb - which looks suspicious now - was it actually Google maps or Freedompop app consuming that data?). Opened ticket 180830-000191 for the issue.
  • Xin HsuXin Hsu Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    user300 said:

Hi,
    I have exactly same problem. Today, suddenly out of the blue my phone started to consume data like crazy - 20.01 or 50.02 Mb every minute between 3:16 - 3:34 PM, account was suspended for suspicious activity. Phone is used for talk, text and Google maps navigation (on the same route for several years - and everyday usage was 20Mb - which looks suspicious now - was it actually Google maps or Freedompop app consuming that data?). Opened ticket 180830-000191 for the issue.

It's the Messaging App. Check Mobile data usage and you can see what each app is using.
  • tarunapatel1960tarunapatel1960 Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie

Hello all,
    Freedompop app on my iPhone 5S has been pulling high amounts of data. I'm on the free plan, phone is being used for nothing more than talk and text. Mobile data for all apps except Freedompop have been turned off - settings can confirm usage.

Randomly the app will pull up to 20mb in one shot - can anyone assist me please?

Hi! Let us help you look into this. Can you please confirm the line in question is the one ending in 9381, registered under the email you use for this forum?
    Yes that is the number
    Please help as my phone is still consuming data chunks. I have turned off background data, app sync, and cellular data for all apps except Freedompop. No apps running in the background. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, updated APN settings, logged out, and back in, still having data pulled. This phone is being used for strictly calls and texts only, nothing else. Even settings shows that the FP app has used all this data, please advise
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Andrew ScheplerAndrew Schepler Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    I also see similar behavior on my Android. Before a few recent updates, the app used to use an average of 0.1 MB per hour, even during hours when connected to WiFi and I'm NOT making or receiving calls or texts. Now I see a few spikes during inactive hours, of up to 2 MB per hour.

Also, I'm confused about "it's not consuming the data in your plan". In past months, the OS-reported data usage, the my.freedompop.com, and the amount I've been billed have always matched rather closely. And right now, although I'm just a few days into my monthly plan, both the OS and my.freedompop.com show I've used up 61 MB, though the OS says 45 MB of that is from the FreedomPop Messaging app. And when I asked Customer Support about this earlier, one response implied it's correct that I will be charged for all data, including VoiP use by the FreedomPop Messaging app.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,553
    The user and all related content has been deleted.