excessive data usage reported on my account

web_eng_rweb_eng_r Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
I purchased a Freedompop's annual sim during the black Friday and started using the plan on Nov 30. Today I discovered that there have been 96 occurrences of 2MB data usage posted to my account for the last 3~4 days, many of which marked in the same time stamp. Considering I have used the phone on wifi almost all the time,
the report is definitely incorrect. Could Freedompop support people please look into this, fix the problem and credit me the data usage deducted from my account? Thanks.

Answers

• sjpatel75sjpatel75 Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    Same happened with my phone
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    edited December 2018 #3
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BennyGBennyG Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Same thing with mine. Every time I log on using the Freedompop hotspot, I get a series of 2MB charges, sometimes 20-30 2mb charges, all within 2-3 minutes. I saw on this forum to turn off the "auto updates" on apps, and I did that. Problem still happens . I go to the same websites on my phone on a separate wireless service, and the 2mb charges don't appear. Would love if Freedompop could fix this.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • asusmyzasusmyz Posts: 23FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello,

I have been having the same issue since Nov 2018, 3-4 times a day 2MB usage charges. Evan wrote to support and they just send a page about data usage examples, Please help fix the problem.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ICCID - 89011704278203038106

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,265 admin
    asusmyz said:

ICCID - 89011704278203038106

Hello,

Your data reporting has recently changed to reflect in the increments of 2mb's or less. This change was done to ensure you avoid data overage due to a delay in reporting. Your account will now deduct data in small 2MB reports instead of the entire data used in a session. For example, if you spent 30 MB, instead of seeing a 30 MB deduction, you will see fifteen 2 MB deductions.

We recommend turning off Mobile data when you are connected to WiFi since your device will automatically switch to Mobile data whenever Wifi signal gets weaker. Also, make sure to turn off automatic app updates and close any background apps.
    Thanks for the info, but my real question is how can this bee the phone was off during those times. If you review my new current charges on this line for 2/13/19 pages of 2MB charges and again the phone was physically powered off. this has been going on for months and yesterday used over 120 MB of my data. Please help and explain how this can happen and what can be done to fix it. Thanks
    please see charges
    asusmyz said:

Thanks for the info, but my real question is how can this bee the phone was off during those times. If you review my new current charges on this line for 2/13/19 pages of 2MB charges and again the phone was physically powered off. this has been going on for months and yesterday used over 120 MB of my data. Please help and explain how this can happen and what can be done to fix it. Thanks

I understand where you're coming from, however, after checking the device with ICCID 38106, we did not find any recent uses of 120 MB. Can you confirm the phone number associated with the device where this usage appears?
    Hello,

Looking over my different accounts I think the data from the one phone is being charged to the wrong line. The talk and text are correct but the data dose not line up and the other line ending in 1174 is used regularly, but dose not show much data activity.
    asusmyz said:

Hello,

Looking over my different accounts I think the data from the one phone is being charged to the wrong line. The talk and text are correct but the data dose not line up and the other line ending in 1174 is used regularly, but dose not show much data activity.

Do you have any other email addresses associated with other FreedomPop accounts?
    No 5 lines under one email address.
    no just the one email with 5 lines on it
    asusmyz said:

No 5 lines under one email address.

The account still doesn't show the 120 MB of usage today. Can you check your account once more and see if it appears in any of the devices?
    My mistake it was not 120 MB of a one time use. It was many 2 MB charges on the line ending in 6188. Again I believe the two lines are crossed and the line ending in 6188 is being charged for the data use of the line ending in 1174. This would explain why it shows data charges when the phone is off. I had both phones off the other day and no data charges. I have logged out of the FP app multiple times to try and correct this issue no luck.
    asusmyz said:

My mistake it was not 120 MB of a one time use. It was many 2 MB charges on the line ending in 6188. Again I believe the two lines are crossed and the line ending in 6188 is being charged for the data use of the line ending in 1174. This would explain why it shows data charges when the phone is off. I had both phones off the other day and no data charges. I have logged out of the FP app multiple times to try and correct this issue no luck.

As mentioned previously, this may be due to the new 2MB policy FreedomPop implemented a few months ago. We will reset both devices to see if this fixes the problem they are having. Please turn both devices off and back on and let us know if they properly from now on.
    They were both rest logged out and then back in and there dose not seam to be any change. What else could be done to fix this issue?

Thanks
    asusmyz said:

They were both rest logged out and then back in and there dose not seam to be any change. What else could be done to fix this issue?

Thanks

Please send us another image of the usage that appears on your account during the past 24 hours. so I can escalate it once more.
    Thanks! Here you go
    asusmyz said:

Thanks! Here you go

Our support team had reset your account's system during the weekend which means that it should be working properly now.

You'll still see 2 MB usage on the account but it shouldn't appear very often. Let me know if you see anything strange from here on and we'll gladly help.