**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Global Plus 300 - Did Not Sign up and Cannot Deactivate

LaurenCLaurenC FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
I received a $4.99 charge on my card (transaction 119178963) this month (01-03-2019). I visited my account and found that I had been signed up for the "Global Plus 300" service (transaction 117870599) without my knowledge on 12-23-2018. I tried to deactivate the service, and it tells me that the deactivation was successful, but the service is still listed as active on my account.

Please deactivate the service on my account, and issue a reimbursement for the $4.99 charge. Thank you.

Answers

• MarcelaSMarcelaS Posts: 639 admin
    LaurenC said:

I received a $4.99 charge on my card (transaction 119178963) this month (01-03-2019). I visited my account and found that I had been signed up for the "Global Plus 300" service (transaction 117870599) without my knowledge on 12-23-2018. I tried to deactivate the service, and it tells me that the deactivation was successful, but the service is still listed as active on my account.

Please deactivate the service on my account, and issue a reimbursement for the $4.99 charge. Thank you.

Hello!

Our team is more than willing to assist you.

Please provide the last 4 digits of the line in question so we can take a closer look at it.
  • LaurenCLaurenC FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
    Hello! Thank you for your quick response. The last 4 digits are: 4760

Thank you!
    LaurenC said:

Hello! Thank you for your quick response. The last 4 digits are: 4760

Thank you!

Hi!

After verifying your account, we found the Global 300 will be canceled on February 3rd. When a plan is downgraded it will reflect the change on the next bill cycle.
  • LaurenCLaurenC FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 5
    Thank you for verifying that. Could you please issue a refund of $4.99 since I did not signup for Global 300?
    LaurenC said:

Thank you for verifying that. Could you please issue a refund of $4.99 since I did not signup for Global 300?

Hi!

After escalating your account, we received a confirmation that the service was activated on your online account, on 12/23/18, on your account was signed up for a month free trial for the Global Plus 300, when your billing cycle ended and the service was not deactivated, you were charged for the renewal of the service.

A refund is not valid at this time.
  • John KeiserJohn Keiser FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 8
    Me Too! I never signed up for Global 300 but can't deactivate.
    I don't care about the refund but after taking all the steps to deactivate I still see "active."
    Help.

I don't care about the refund but after taking all the steps to deactivate I still see "active."
    Help.

Hi!

Our team is glad to assist you.

Please provide the last four digits of the line in question so we can take a closer look at it.
  • WilliamWuWilliamWu FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    edited January 14 #9
    Help.
    My phone number is 632 *** 8613. I found the bill was $4.99. I did deactivate and after typing the password, it shows success. But back international, it's still active. It seems that there is something wrong with the Freedompop software, please help me deal with it. Thank you very much!
    Post edited by WilliamWu on
  • WilliamWuWilliamWu FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 3
    My phone number is 632 *** 8613. I found the bill was $4.99. I did deactivate and after typing the password, it shows success. But back international, it's still active. It seems that there is something wrong with the Freedompop software, please help me deal with it. Thank you very much!
    WilliamWu said:

Help.

WilliamWu said:

Hi!

After verifying your account, we found that the top up feature will be deactivated on January 13th. When a service is deactivated it will show the change on the next available billing cycle. Your bill cycle starts every 27th of each month. The feature will be canceled on January 27th, 2019.