**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

I would like to swap / change the phone associated with my account

bb70bb70 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
I am currently using an iPhone 4s with my account, and would like to use a Nexus 5x instead. I believe that the plan I am on requires a Sprint/CMDA phone not a GSM phone.

How do I go about making the switch?

Best Answer

Answers

• MarcelaSMarcelaS Posts: 639 admin
    bb70 said:

I am currently using an iPhone 4s with my account, and would like to use a Nexus 5x instead. I believe that the plan I am on requires a Sprint/CMDA phone not a GSM phone.

How do I go about making the switch?

Hi!

If you would like to bring your device over to FreedomPop, our Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Program is designed to provide our customers with an alternative option to taking advantage of our service. We allow the activation of new or pre-owned Sprint CDMA smartphones and tablets.

To get started, simply enter your ESN or MEID on our BYOD Activation Page (www.freedompop.com/byod) to find out if your phone is eligible for activation. Please be advised of the following requirements before you begin the process:
    - Sprint locked Android or iOS smartphone.
    - A valid, bank-issued credit or debit card.
    - $19.99 for the BYOD activation fee.

Once you have purchased the new phone, send us the device's IMEI/DEC numbers so that we can take a closer look at it.
  • bb70bb70 FreedomPop Newbie Posts: 6
    edited January 11 #4
    I have the phone, I do not need to purchase it. It is a Nexus 5x . I tried to do the BYOD test because there is no SIM card in the phone. Since it is CMDA and GSM capable, what type of SIM would I need? I think this account that I am trying to swap the phone in to is only for Sprint which I did not think required a SIM.
    Post edited by bb70 on
    edited January 11 #5
    bb70 said:

I have the phone, I do not need to purchase it. It is a Nexus 5x (IMEI: xxxxxxxxxxxxx3972). I tried to do the BYOD test because there is no SIM card in the phone. Since it is CMDA and GSM capable, what type of SIM would I need? I think this account that I am trying to swap the phone in to is only for Sprint which I did not think required a SIM.

Hi!

To get started, simply enter your ESN or MEID on our BYOD Activation Page (www.freedompop.com/byod) to find out if your phone is eligible for activation. Please be advised of the following requirements before you begin the process:
    - Sprint locked Android or iOS smartphone.
    - A valid, bank-issued credit or debit card.
    - $19.99 for the BYOD activation fee.
    Post edited by MarcelaS on
    edited January 11 #6
    DELETED.

I now see that the CDMA phones need to be Sprint-locked. Thank you.
    Post edited by bb70 on
    Can you edit your message to delete my IMEI number?
    edited January 14 #8
    bb70 said:

DELETED.

I now see that the CDMA phones need to be Sprint-locked. Thank you.

bb70 said:

Can you edit your message to delete my IMEI number?

Hi!

I already edited it.

Have a nice day!
This discussion has been closed.