**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

"Must Update" Even Though I'm the Most Updated

AnotherConfusedHumanAnotherConfusedHuman Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
Hi! Please let me know if/that I'm in the wrong topic for this and where to go.

I successfully ported in my number so my previous phone does not work right now.
After porting in, I opened up the FP Messenger as the final step in activating my device. It told me to pick a number. I searched every bit of the support section, could find no answer for this, so I just picked a number and tried to get along with setting up.

But now the phone thinks I'm someone else named Monique D or some such, and shows MD's account, including their last text message conversation. MD's account is of course inactive, and has no minutes or data or even billing even though I am sitting on my laptop right now and can tell you for a fact that I have my account set up wit billing and a plan. Clearly though my account and the phone aren't talking, because my phone thinks I'm MD and my account thinks I need to finish setting up.

Additionally, I tried to send a ticket to resolve this. In order to send a ticket, I had to add the VIP service for an additional 13/mo -- but I couldn't even add service due to an unspecified and unsolvable error.

I've been struggling with this for five hours.
This is a less than marvelous introduction to FP's services.

Comments

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 1,432 admin

Hi! Please let me know if/that I'm in the wrong topic for this and where to go.

I successfully ported in my number so my previous phone does not work right now.
    After porting in, I opened up the FP Messenger as the final step in activating my device. It told me to pick a number. I searched every bit of the support section, could find no answer for this, so I just picked a number and tried to get along with setting up.

But now the phone thinks I'm someone else named Monique D or some such, and shows MD's account, including their last text message conversation. MD's account is of course inactive, and has no minutes or data or even billing even though I am sitting on my laptop right now and can tell you for a fact that I have my account set up wit billing and a plan. Clearly though my account and the phone aren't talking, because my phone thinks I'm MD and my account thinks I need to finish setting up.

Additionally, I tried to send a ticket to resolve this. In order to send a ticket, I had to add the VIP service for an additional 13/mo -- but I couldn't even add service due to an unspecified and unsolvable error.

I've been struggling with this for five hours.
    This is a less than marvelous introduction to FP's services.

Hello,

We're sorry to hear of the issues you've had with your service so far. Our team is more than willing to help you with getting it resolved as quickly as possible. Please confirm the email address assocaited with your account as well as the phone number and the other email address and phone number you see in your device.
  • AnotherConfusedHumanAnotherConfusedHuman Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    edited January 14 #3
    Hi, Carlos.

My number is xxx-xxx-5827. My email is [email protected] Y'all really should have a better way of contacting you, a way that doesn't involve putting my personal information in a public forum.

After a week of struggling with every aspect of this company, I've given up on using Freedompop and am now trying to port my number to a different service. Now, of course, I can't find my account number. When I go to settings>port number, all I see is the FP corporate address.

What is my account number, please?
    Post edited by CarlosG on
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 1,432 admin
    edited January 14 #4

Hi, Carlos.

My number is xxx-xxx-5827. My email is [email protected] Y'all really should have a better way of contacting you, a way that doesn't involve putting my personal information in a public forum.

After a week of struggling with every aspect of this company, I've given up on using Freedompop and am now trying to port my number to a different service. Now, of course, I can't find my account number. When I go to settings>port number, all I see is the FP corporate address.

What is my account number, please?

We will be opening a private message regarding this matter as we need to gather and provide personal account information.
This discussion has been closed.