**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Lost the sim that came in the photon lte hotspot

JorgeAJorgeA Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
I have lost the sim card that came with the photon lte hotspot and am not able to get internet from it because of this. Is there a way to fix this. For example can freedompop send me a new sim and if they do would that fix it or would I need to do something to active new sim to work with the hotspot as well. Thanks for reading please help.

Answers

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,151 admin
    JorgeA said:

I have lost the sim card that came with the photon lte hotspot and am not able to get internet from it because of this. Is there a way to fix this. For example can freedompop send me a new sim and if they do would that fix it or would I need to do something to active new sim to work with the hotspot as well. Thanks for reading please help.

Hello,

Our team will gladly help you with this issue. Can you please confirm if the email address in your profile is the same as the one associated to the account where this device is Active? If so, please send us the device's MEID (MAC/DEC) numbers as well.
  • JorgeAJorgeA Posts: 9FreedomPop Newbie
    it is the same account and the MEID for the hotspot is 089 596 365 309 633 827
    JorgeA said:

it is the same account and the MEID for the hotspot is 089 596 365 309 633 827

After escalating your case we have been advised that our support team can send you a replacement SIm card for your device ASAP so you can use our services properly. Please send us the complete address you want it sent to and the complete name associated with the account and we'll do so right away.
    Ok then send it to 308 N Elmwood Dr Aurora, IL and zip code 60506
    JorgeA said:

Ok then send it to 308 N Elmwood Dr Aurora, IL and zip code 60506

Got it. We have escalated your case so that our support team can send you a replacement SIM card ASAP. Let us know if you have any other questions and we'll gladly help.
    Have not gotten new sim card yet. Around how long will it take to arrive? Thanks.
    JorgeA said:

Have not gotten new sim card yet. Around how long will it take to arrive? Thanks.

I apologize for the delay. A replacement can take up to 1 week to process and two to be sent and arrive. After escalating your case, I have been advised that the device has yet to be sent due to a lack of SIM cards however they mentioned that should you want to make it quicker, you can purchase a SIM card from your nearest Sprint or tech shop. Simply ask for a SIM card compatible with your specific device "FreedomPop Photon LTE" and they should be able to provide you with a working SIM.
    Thanks for the reply. Will wait for the sim for now, but thanks for letting me know that I can also ask a Sprint shop for a sim.
    JorgeA said:

Thanks for the reply. Will wait for the sim for now, but thanks for letting me know that I can also ask a Sprint shop for a sim.

Understood. We're here to help in any way possible.