Newly received Franklin Wireless R850 recharge fail

LennieLennie Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
I've recently received my newly ordered Franklin Wireless R850 (ID: Lennie Wifi). Only in about one week's use, I can't recharge its battery. Every time I charge it using the charger enclosed in the box, the screen says the battery is full. But if I unplug the charger, the battery sign turns red right away. Please help.

Answers

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Lennie said:

I've recently received my newly ordered Franklin Wireless R850 (ID: Lennie Wifi). Only in about one week's use, I can't recharge its battery. Every time I charge it using the charger enclosed in the box, the screen says the battery is full. But if I unplug the charger, the battery sign turns red right away. Please help.

Hello Lennie!

Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to learn you've been experiencing problems with your newly ordered Franklin Wireless R850. In order to be sure we're checking the correct account, please confirm the last four digits of the device's MEID. Please also let us know if you have access to an additional charger that may use on the device. If you do, please attempt to charge your hotspot with the additional charger and let us know if the results are still the same.
  • LennieLennie Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi Angie,

Thanks for taking a look at my question. The last four digits of the device's MEID is 3748. I tried to use another charger and it seemed to be able to charge it. But the battery still drains quickly.

Another question of mine is, I received this order just several days ago. But my subscription started from the day I placed the order, instead of the date that I received it and activated it. Could you please adjust the starting date?

Thank you!

Best,
    Lennie
    edited March 29 #4
    Lennie said:

Hi Angie,

Thanks for taking a look at my question. The last four digits of the device's MEID is 3748. I tried to use another charger and it seemed to be able to charge it. But the battery still drains quickly.

Another question of mine is, I received this order just several days ago. But my subscription started from the day I placed the order, instead of the date that I received it and activated it. Could you please adjust the starting date?

Thank you!

Best,
    Lennie

Hey Lennie! We apologize for the delay in getting back to you. From the description of the problem you're currently experiencing with your hotspot, we've your device's battery defective. Upon checking your account, we noticed you're still within the 90-day warranty period. Therefore, we'd like to extend the option to receive a replacement battery. Please confirm if the shipping address registered on your account is correct so we're able to request the replacement battery.

Regarding the service start date, our devices are shipped active in order to make the installation process as easy as possible and hassle-free right out-of-the-box. Therefore, the service/trial starts as soon as the device is shipped. For this specific device, your free trial started on 03-04-2019, as your device was shipped on this date.
  • LennieLennie Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi Angie,

Yes, the shipping address registered on my account is correct. It's not just about the battery, the power adaptor (charger) doesn't work either. Please replace it too.

Thanks for your explanation on the service start date.

Best,
    Lennie
    Lennie said:

Hi Angie,

Yes, the shipping address registered on my account is correct. It's not just about the battery, the power adaptor (charger) doesn't work either. Please replace it too.

Thanks for your explanation on the service start date.

Best,
    Lennie

Hello Lennie!

We apologize for the delay in getting back to you. We will be opening a private message regarding this matter as we need to gather and provide private information.
This discussion has been closed.