FreedomPop Administrative Fee

ak08820ak08820 Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
I see the below $2.99 fee on my 3/31/2019 transaction. I have 2 questions.

FreedomPop Administrative Fee Admin fee helps defray costs related fraud prevention, customer support and payment processing

1. Is the fee charged because I also have $2.49/M Visual Voice Mail? Will it be charged if I did not have voice mail and only the basic 200 service?

2. What customer service am i getting for 2.99? I am not allowed to call by phone, I am not able to enter a support ticket as I cannot login into support.freedompop.com. It keeps showing the login screen even when the correct ID and password are entered.

The third question is
How can I stop paying the fee? If the basic 200 service is free, why the fee?

Best Answer

Answers

• CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,265 admin
    ak08820 said:

I see the below $2.99 fee on my 3/31/2019 transaction. I have 2 questions.

FreedomPop Administrative Fee Admin fee helps defray costs related fraud prevention, customer support and payment processing

1. Is the fee charged because I also have $2.49/M Visual Voice Mail? Will it be charged if I did not have voice mail and only the basic 200 service?

2. What customer service am i getting for 2.99? I am not allowed to call by phone, I am not able to enter a support ticket as I cannot login into support.freedompop.com. It keeps showing the login screen even when the correct ID and password are entered.

The third question is
    How can I stop paying the fee? If the basic 200 service is free, why the fee?

Hi, Our team will gladly assist you with this issue. FreedomPop recently implemented these administrative fees to ensure we are in accord with all major carriers. These fees are to recover and help defray costs incurred for increasing customer support services, offset higher payment processing fees, and other expenses related to fraudulent usage monitoring on our networks. It is a monthly fee that is non-refundable and cannot be waived. If you wish to view additional references, you may review our Service Plan, Equipment and Payment Terms (Section - Taxes and Surcharges) for reference provided in the link below: https://www.freedompop.com/service_plan_terms.htm

As far as customer support goes our team approves and assists all customers in need of help.

Let us know if you have any other questions and we will gladly help.
  • ak08820ak08820 Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello
    The Basic 200 plan does not have any customer service, which is the reason why we are having this dialog.
    So, there is no justification for the $2.99 admin fee per month. If I was allowed to make a customer service phone call or live chat I would understand.

There are major carriers like T-Mobile (and MetroPCS) which do not have any additional fees on top of their plan prices.
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,265 admin
    ak08820 said:

Hello
    The Basic 200 plan does not have any customer service, which is the reason why we are having this dialog.
    So, there is no justification for the $2.99 admin fee per month. If I was allowed to make a customer service phone call or live chat I would understand.

There are major carriers like T-Mobile (and MetroPCS) which do not have any additional fees on top of their plan prices.

As mentioned, these are mandatory taxes implemented by FreedomPop on all Free accounts in order to keep the services running at all times. Let us know if you have any other questions and we'll gladly help.
  • harshshridharharshshridhar Posts: 1Unconfirmed, FreedomPop Newbie
    I see that AdminFee is charged on Free Accounts , but I have Semi Monthly paid plan with 6 month payment of 42$ but this time I was charged admin fee of 7.48 without asking why ?