Changing from Sprint network to AT&T network

Netherprovinc3Netherprovinc3 Posts: 34FreedomPop Newbie
Right now I have a plan with Freedom Pop, which is on the Sprint network (CDMA). However, I have now decided that I would rather be on the AT&T network (GSM) with Freedom Pop.
1) I have a plan right now that has a higher number of minutes/ text/ data than is currently offered by Freedom Pop. Can I retain that plan? If not, how can I see the details of the available plan?
2) I have a balance on my account (reserve money to pay for charged). Can that balance be transferred to the new phone?
3) How can I determine which of the phones on the Freedom Pop website will work with AT&T (GSM)? How can I determine what other phones will also work (because I might want to buy a phone elsewhere)?

Best Answer

Answers

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Netherprovinc3Netherprovinc3 Posts: 34FreedomPop Newbie

Right now I have a plan with Freedom Pop, which is on the Sprint network (CDMA). However, I have now decided that I would rather be on the AT&T network (GSM) with Freedom Pop.
    1) I have a plan right now that has a higher number of minutes/ text/ data than is currently offered by Freedom Pop. Can I retain that plan? If not, how can I see the details of the available plan?
    2) I have a balance on my account (reserve money to pay for charged). Can that balance be transferred to the new phone?
    3) How can I determine which of the phones on the Freedom Pop website will work with AT&T (GSM)? How can I determine what other phones will also work (because I might want to buy a phone elsewhere)?

Hi! Let us help yu address each question.
    1) Because CDMA devices use a different carrier than the LTE GSM sim cards, each one has their own plans and prices, which would prevent you to keep the plan from your CDMA to an LTE sim.
    2) The credit could be transferred, as well as your phone number but not the plan or any service the CDMA line is registered to.
    3). You can look or filter the search at shop.freedompop.com to show only GSM devices.
    Our LTE sims need a compatible unlocked GSM device, running Android 4.3 or iOS 8.2+, if you decide to purchase it somewhere else.
    Thank you for the terrific help. Can I add the new plan under my same login account and have both plans, at least for now. Is the $20 credit sufficient to have both plans or do I need more of a credit than that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 admin
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Netherprovinc3Netherprovinc3 Posts: 34FreedomPop Newbie
    I can't read the answer because it has been deleted. Can an admin or a new rep restore the answer?