1 Email and 2 Freedom Pop Devices

djr75djr75 Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
I don't know what to do. I waited for over 2 months for my sim card to show up. I was getting ready to cancel the darn thing, and when I decided to keep it, it wouldn't work. Argh.

I have been with your company for 3+ years and have been happy with the service on my phone. So, when the spring sale showed up, I decided to "spring" for the SIM card. I ordered it through my current account with my one email address. However, my account is not recognizing my SIM. I saw a post that mentioned something about setting up a second account for secondary devices. Unfortunately, there is no freaking way to set up a second account.

When I use your FreedomPop Diagnostic Tool, I followed the instructions for the APN. APN is set and it still does not work.

I tried dialing ##72786# and nothing happens.

Whenever I try to open up the messaging app - I only get the freedompop screen and the spinning circle of death!!! :expressionless:

When I go to the MyFreedomPop app, I get the message: Your freedompop service is inactive. Log into freedompop.com and check your plan and subscription and billing information. error 200

I need this resolved please.

Best Answer

• AngiePAngieP Posts: 522FreedomPop Newbie admin
    edited June 14 #2 Accepted Answer
    djr75 said:

I don't know what to do. I waited for over 2 months for my sim card to show up. I was getting ready to cancel the darn thing, and when I decided to keep it, it wouldn't work. Argh.

I have been with your company for 3+ years and have been happy with the service on my phone. So, when the spring sale showed up, I decided to "spring" for the SIM card. I ordered it through my current account with my one email address. However, my account is not recognizing my SIM. I saw a post that mentioned something about setting up a second account for secondary devices. Unfortunately, there is no freaking way to set up a second account.

When I use your FreedomPop Diagnostic Tool, I followed the instructions for the APN. APN is set and it still does not work.

I tried dialing ##72786# and nothing happens.

Whenever I try to open up the messaging app - I only get the freedompop screen and the spinning circle of death!!! :expressionless:

When I go to the MyFreedomPop app, I get the message: Your freedompop service is inactive. Log into freedompop.com and check your plan and subscription and billing information. error 200

I need this resolved please.

Hey djr75!

Thanks for reaching out. We apologize for the delay in getting back to you. We're sorry to learn you've been experiencing problems with your SIM card. Upon checking the account associated with the email address you use to log into these Forums, we confirmed your SIM card with ICCID number 89011704278178292985, was not active. Unfortunately, we've been unable to reactivate your SIM card with the correct plan. However, you may easily reactivate it from here.

You shouldn't be charged for reactivation. Therefore, if you're prompted to pay for activation or choose a different plan other than the one the SIM card came with (5 GB/mo + unlimited talk& text ), please be sure not to proceed and let us know.

If you're able to successfully reactivate your SIM card with the correct plan, be sure to let us know as well so we're able to cancel the original sub-account.

Answers

• djr75djr75 Posts: 6FreedomPop Newbie
    This worked out great. I was also promised $25 towards my account if I decided to keep the SIM as opposed to getting a refund. Will you please transfer that over?
  • AngiePAngieP Posts: 522FreedomPop Newbie admin
    djr75 said:

This worked out great. I was also promised $25 towards my account if I decided to keep the SIM as opposed to getting a refund. Will you please transfer that over?

We're glad to learn you were able to reactivate your SIM card with the correct plan. We've canceled the sub-account originally associated with your SIM card to ensure no charges are applied in the future. You should receive an email notification confirming this cancellation. Please note, the other devices on the account were not affected. Regarding the $25.00 of Subscription Credit offered to you back in 05/31/19, we have submitted a request so it can be applied towards line 425-655-7743. Please allow from 2-3 business days for this to reflect on your end.

Should there be anything else we may assist you with, please feel free to reply to this message and we'll be happy to help you.