Showing Signal but no Mobile Data/LTE on GSM LTE SIM

DeirachelDeirachel Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
I am using an unlocked AT&T-branded Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920A). I have signal bars but no LTE signal when wifi is off. The phone will make and receive calls and text on wifi. The Freedompop application automatically loads my account information.

I have followed the instructions to set the APN and Android Troublshooting . I have ensured Mobile data is on. (See attached screenshots.)

Reading on the forums it sounds like my account may need "resetting". The SIM card number is 89011704278178293850, phone number ending in 3131

Thank you for your assistance in this matter!

Best Answer

Answers

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,274FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Deirachel - Everything looking good.

Another user found their Samsung Note needed a manual setting instead of an automatic setting. See his wording below.
    ----------------------
    CAVEAT: I ended up manually setting the network to AT&T as the automatic selection didn't seem to be selecting anything anymore (Verizon and 311311 were other options). That might have been just a fluke, though. It's a SAMSUNG Galaxy S6 VERIZON/GSM unlocked phone.
    ----------------------
    If you're already on manual, then your account probably needs the "refreshing" as you suggested.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • DeirachelDeirachel Posts: 13FreedomPop Newbie
    My phone is AT&T branded not Verizon. And a S6 and Note 5 are not the same phone and have different options. There is no option for "manually setting the network to AT&T" that I can find.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,274FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Deirachel ,
    Reviewing..... are there any issues left to work on ?
    The original issue is NOT SOLVED, which is why I selected "No" to "did this answer the question?"!

Once again there is NO option to manually select a network on this SM-N920A phone. Clicking "search for AT&T Microtell" does nothing, "Default Setup" is greyed out. See screenshots.

I didn't pay for the annual service to not have service.
    @Deirachel - I see you have set the APN to fp.com.attz - good.
    The network operators screen you attached seems to not be picking up the FreedomPop 'operator' it is listed on my phone as AT&T. MicroCell does not seem to be the right one. Default is not it for sure.

Just in case it is working, check this to see.
    If you turn ON mobile data and OFF WiFi is there internet that a browser can search ? Either successful search or error "no network connections found"

If Mobile Data is working for the browser, open the FreedomPop Messaging App and see if it loads and runs or has errors.
    I found this reference to the AT&T MicroCell....
    --------------
    I have to use an AT&T MicroCell (a Cisco wireless network extender) to have any usable cell signal in my home. If I switch to Unreal, use my own phones and stay on the AT&T network, will my MicroCell continue to work? What concerns me is this: The management of the device is through an AT&T website (att.com/att/microcell). If I sever my ties with AT&T, I may loose my account to manage the device.
    --------------
    Do you have a MicroCell ? Are you attempting to use it with the Note 5 ?
    Might be better to get Note 5 to work without it (somewhere near a tower) first, then see if it can be used together with the phone.
    @CarlosG or another admin? Can one of you check and reset my account? Email same as for this forum. Phone number ending in 3131. SIM number as in original post?
    Thank you @CarlosG.

Your check on the account was what I needed to definitively determine it was a hardware problem with the device, not software/settings. The phone has been replaced and everything is working so far.
  • CarlosGCarlosG Posts: 2,250 admin
    Deirachel said:

@CarlosG or another admin? Can one of you check and reset my account? Email same as for this forum. Phone number ending in 3131. SIM number as in original post?

I'm glad to hear that and I'm sorry for the late response. Let me know if you have any questions at all and I'll do my best to help you quickly.