Service Upgraded, and no WIFI texting and calling

Answers

• Leilani UyeharaLeilani Uyehara Posts: 19FreedomPop Newbie
    I just tested the phone again to see if it could receive a call or text for two-factor authorization. I got nothing for either of those. The email, however, did come through, so it's definitely the phone, not the system.
  • wasawazwasawaz Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I am having the exact same issue - no MMS texting, even though I am paying for it. Error message says the network doesn't support it. I have a Samsung Galaxy s5 that had no problems with MMS before the 'service upgrade' this morning (7/10).
    Please help us!
    Thank you.
  • RRNorthRRNorth Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Got a text this morning telling me that there'd been a service upgrade and I'd need to ##72786# on my dialer. So I open my messaging app and there's a yellow service upgraded flag. Click on that and I'm advised that I've been upgraded to a "full native service account" Please use the native messaging app and perform another ##72786# to update my profile. When I click on the "+" to send a text it takes me to Google Play to install "Messages" by Google LLC?!
    When I go to the Play Store and search for FREEDOM POP MESSAGING, that's what comes up - not "Messages by Google LLC"!
    Checked OTA Updates - get an error communicating with server!
    Deleted the "Messages by Google LLC"
    Attempted to open the Messaging app and got a General Error indicating problems communicating with the server.
    I can send email and just got a text from Freedom Pop saying it was registering for Push Notifications, but when I tapped on it - another server error.

Trying another install and I keep getting the "Welcome to Freedom Pop" and right back to the same Messages page with the yellow Service Upgraded flag and clicking on the "+" takes me back to the "Messages by Google LLC" via Google Play.
    What is going on?!?
  • RRNorthRRNorth Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    When I use the Freedom Pop Diagnostic it shows me that Freedom Pop Messaging is out of date as is the My Freedom Pop app to check account status. Attempting to update the later get me a "Please re-sync account data or log out and back in. Error:502.
  • TexasTTexasT Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Two days in and no progress. I have tried the ##873283# through Messages and through the "native" phone number. Have thrown away the app, reloaded, re-registered, shut down phone for 3 minutes, and every combination of these that I can think of. Still stuck with "code 502" error and no keypad, no service. Submitted a ticket, but no response from FP as yet. What else has anyone tried?
  • joe71njjoe71nj Posts: 7Unconfirmed, FreedomPop Newbie
    I typed in the ## number and the phone automatically did the reset and the PRL updated and the Profile updated. It went through the push button notifications and showed me that my number was good and all that. My native app won't send any texts though. It says 'sending' but never actually sends. I downloaded Google Messages after seeing that mentioned in another thread....and I can send a text with that app... but only while using cell service. I can't send a text using wifi. Oddly enough, I received a return text from someone after I was switched back to airplane mode. So it seems that I can receive a text while I'm on wifi, but I can't send one while on wifi. I also have to use cell service to make a call. I can't do it using wifi anymore. This is beyond frustrating. Can someone from Freedompop help me....or anyone else for that matter? I don't know what else to do.
  • will_hwill_h Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello Freedompop forum members and admins thanks for all you do to make this site run smoothly and help others with all their issues etc etc. I am experiencing the same problem on my LG Volt Phone ordered directly from ya'll at FreedomPop. Have tried ALL of the troubleshooting steps listed on the main website that take about 20-30 minutes to run through and nothing worked. This has been occurring for days now and is VERY frustrating. I've had great service for about 4 years now and all of a sudden I cannot send or receive calls or texts. Light brown/off orange colored "Service Upgraded" Bar across the main screen with a white triangle and a red ! inside it. When you tap it you get a prompt saying...

"Service Upgraded"

You have been upgraded to a full native service account. Please use the native messaging app for text messages with the same number for better experience. Please also make sure you perform profile update by dialing ##72786#. For Google Nexus Phones dial *#*#72786#*#*

Dismiss

When I am in the "My Freedompop" App there is a big orange bar with same triangle with ! in it only this time it says the following,

Please re-sync account data or log out and back in.
    Error: 502

I have done that too many times to count and nothing I seem to try (factory reset, clearing cache/data, uninstalling/reinstalling app etc etc) will get this phone to start working again and I have had to use a non Freedompop phone with the Free Text and Call App and my secondary phone number for all calls and texts. Of course that only works in Wifi as there is no data for that App. That is OK for now as I am out of the country and so my phone only works in Wifi anyway but I do need this resolved ASAP as I need my primary phone number to be functioning properly as I've had that number for over 15 years. Seems that quite a few of us are experiencing this same problem. Admins out there please help and if there is any additional info you might need me to include feel free to ask for it. Thanks in advance!

• Joseph L  GrilloJoseph L Grillo Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I have re-synced the data and still it said that my account is not active WHY????
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,380 admin
    Hello Joe, thanks for reaching out. Can you confirm that you've made the native app the default messaging app via your device settings?
    Can everyone please confirm that you've made the native app the default messaging app via your device settings?
  • Ting SunTing Sun Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Jorge said:

Can everyone please confirm that you've made the native app the default messaging app via your device settings?

Hi for me, I have tried both making the default messaging app the native app and the Freedompop Messaging, but neither of them work.
    Please what should I do and can I do to get WIFI messaging back?
    Thank you!
  • Annette_Boersma302Annette_Boersma302 Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    What is the native app that you are referring to? I did all the steps too & it wants me to download another app which I did, but I don't like it one bit. When I removed it, it asked if I wanted to use fb messenger to text. Really? This is beyond ridiculous if you ask me.
  • temijuntemijun Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    I got the migration email 4 days ago, I tried to do the reset today but I'm having the same problem with my Moto E 4G (2015 edition) as everyone else here.

LTE data is working fine, but placing calls gives the dread
    the number or code you have dialed is incorrect please check ...

Message 7, Switch 386
  • kunzhangkunzhang Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    After the latest profile update, with my Samsung Galaxy S4 SPH-L720, the FreedomPop Messaging application does not work anymore. I have not been to send or receive messages and getting the following errors:
    “Account NOT Active
    Please re-sync account data or log out and back in”
    I have tried everything that I can to troubleshoot it including not limited to resync the account data, and dialing ##72786#, #873283 to update my profile and PLR but nothing helps. I have opened an online ticket “190710-000984” with a reference of my phone’s ICCID there.
    This is an urgent support matter because I am unable to use FreedompPop texting application.
    My email address is [email protected]
    Please assist to resolve the terrible problem as soon as possible.
  • michael  thomasmichael thomas Posts: 62FreedomPop Newbie
    My experience using Nexus 5 with sprint cdma service.
    uninstall freedompop messaging app.
    power down and power up. default dialer worked messages app had to be enabled when tried to use
    reset prl and profile under settings more cellular networks
    native dialer and messages app work

since freedompop app is removed how do I check on data and calls remaining?

• will_hwill_h Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks for the quick response Jorge it is much appreciated. Can't speak for the others but yes me personally I have and when I try to make a call it just says dailing.........and after about 30 seconds says "invalid number" but the number I am trying to call is perfectly valid. In terms of texting when I try to send a text message through the native app I get a spinning circle and it never goes through.

I'm starting to think that this is an issue on Freedompops end and not mine as I even tried signing in with my main phone numbers email address on my secondary phone in the free call and text app just on a hunch and my messages won't go through yet when I use my other (secondary) email address and number everything works fine. In the past whenever I did that it worked fine but not now...
  • kechristen  kechristen Posts: 21FreedomPop Newbie
    TexasT said:

Two days in and no progress. I have tried the ##873283# through Messages and through the "native" phone number. Have thrown away the app, reloaded, re-registered, shut down phone for 3 minutes, and every combination of these that I can think of. Still stuck with "code 502" error and no keypad, no service. Submitted a ticket, but no response from FP as yet. What else has anyone tried?

What happens when you keep re-synchronizing account data per the below link? Does it give any error or message or does the circular arrow just spin for a bit and then stop?

https://support.freedompop.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3240/~/synchronize-account-data
  • benteebentee Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
    Ok, it took a couple of days, but my phone is working great today. It now works on the native app instead of the freedompop. I can't say the switch was smooth. It took 2 days, but now all is well.
  • Gabriel EcheverriaGabriel Echeverria Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Same here. None of the other apps I've installed will allow MMS or Group texts. It's as if the app itself doesn't know that I have mms active.
    Jorge said:

Hello Joe, thanks for reaching out. Can you confirm that you've made the native app the default messaging app via your device settings?

I have made the native app the default app. Nothing will go through when using that app. It will say "sending" but nothing ever goes through. I downloaded another app from Google and that one will send texts, but you can't send any texts over wifi. It will only work when using cell service. The same goes for when I try to make a call. It won't work over wifi. It will only work using cell service.
  • AndroidTexanAndroidTexan Posts: 5FreedomPop Newbie
    Running into the same issue even though I am paying for the MMS service. Using Google Messenger on a S5 but fails and gets message saying "Message not sent: Service not activated on network".
    Please get this fixed!! Thanks.
    bentee said:

Ok, it took a couple of days, but my phone is working great today. It now works on the native app instead of the freedompop. I can't say the switch was smooth. It took 2 days, but now all is well.

Thanks for the follow up! Would you mind confirming the steps you took in order to best diagnose the underlying concerns for others :)

What is the native app that you are referring to? I did all the steps too & it wants me to download another app which I did, but I don't like it one bit. When I removed it, it asked if I wanted to use fb messenger to text. Really? This is beyond ridiculous if you ask me.

My phone had an app for texting and calls on it already...but I never used it because I was using the freedompop app. I know I've seen some people saying that their phone that they bought from Freedompop never had a native app on it. Maybe that's why it's telling you to download a new app? Did your new app work? I know my native app won't send a text at all...and the other one I tried downloading will only work when I'm using cell service. It won't work using wifi.
    I need to know how to get this phone to be able to make calls and send texts when it's on wifi. That's how I use it in most cases. It's only working using cell service now.
    Appreciate the feedback everyone, to those that have had success please post any steps if any were taken. We understand this experience can be a pain and really hope to have everyone back on track as soon as possible.
This discussion has been closed.