I cannot update profile, and my BYOD phone doesn't work without WIFI.

PrasadPrasad Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
I have activated my BYOD phone (HTC Evo 4G) a month ago. I downloaded freedompop messaging app.

I tried to update profile over WIFI more two dozen times. Every time I got the same error - error code 1012.
Because of this the phone works over WIFI, but doesn't work without WIFI.

I did reset the phone using ##786# and my MSL code a couple of times. I tried to update profile after reset. No, this did not work. I got the same error - error code 1012.

Could somebody from freedompop tech support look at this problem ASAP.

This is BYOD phone. Here are my account details:
[email protected]
Device: HTC Evo 4G
MEId: A1000017C3FCD8

I want to upgrade my account to unlimited, but waiting for this to be resolved. Please deactivate and refund my activation fee if this cannot be resolved any time soon.

Thanks,
Prasad

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014 #2
    @Prasad‌

Please do Profile first than PrL. Make sure you getting a great connection to wifi. If this fails, restart the Phone(press the power button on the top for a couple of secs)...you'll get three options....choice Restart and do it all over again...

profile than PRL-make sure wifi is great!!

let me know how is goes!!!

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    You need a admin at this time, MSL and PRL and Profile do not work at any connection mean someone from freedompop has to do this for you. PM one these guys.
    @JasmineS‌
    @Jorge M
    @FreedomPop‌
    @K_Ber‌
    @Taylor‌
    @Darla_A‌
    @Vanessa‌
    @KathyFP‌
    @EdwinFreedomPop‌
    @GeorgeD‌
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014 #4
    @Prasad‌

Its great you got the msl update done. I hope the instructions you got from the automated system work to your benefit.

Please do Profile first than PrL. Make sure you getting a great connection to wifi. If this fails, restart the Phone(press the power button on the top for a couple of secs)...you'll get three options....choice Restart and do it all over again...

profile than PRL-make sure wifi is great!!

let me know how is goes!!!

If I miss read and you did not get the MSL update done. Than maybe a refresh on the account side is what you need..

Feel free to @sign me njfulwider5, I am here 24/7..I'll help you trouble shoot till a admin shows up...

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop