How do I improve the voice quality on a Samsung Victory 4G LTE?

Answers

• Janet HotsonJanet Hotson Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    @Brian McPherson I don't understand. What do I need to do to fix the misconfiguration?
    @Brian McPherson After updating my phone multiple times, changing the clock rate to 44.1khz, ticking the echo. I'm still having problems with voice breaking on the caller's end and on my end. My phone also doesn't ring sometimes on incoming calls but sends the call to voicemail.Is there anything else I can do to correct this problem? Is my phone defective? Your help is appreciated.
    @Brian McPherson Hi, I don't understand your response. Was my phone misconfigured so I couldn't call out, or does this have something to do with the voice quality on my phone? What do I do to fix the problem of the voice quality? You have what is a system misconfiguration on your android phone are your freedonpop app. That what the error found in research.

https://www.google.com/search?q=error+6403&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb
    :)
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Janet Hotson
    Hello again, your getting help over on your message. Before you change anything you should wait and see what the admin does..
    She wants you to update to the latest freedompop app.
    Go to your applications...find play store...Open play Store....At the very top of the page is a 3 horizontal bars or a arrow pointing left (on the top left area). Click it till you see Store Home...Click My apps...click all...scroll down to Freedompop messaging and see if it says you have 1 update pending...if it does update...If it does not...look at the version and...over on the message we have with the admin. tell her the version you have.

You must be logged into your google account to update..
    hope this helped

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭

@Brian McPherson I don't understand. What do I need to do to fix the misconfiguration?

Go to the messaging app, then into settings, hit the menu button on phone and a pop up come up. Tab Restore default settings.

Sorry for the last post but I was busy two days.
    Email: [email protected]
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
    @Brian McPherson Thanks, I hit restore default settings. I hope this will help my voice breaking up on calls.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Janet Hotson
    If you hit restore default, you'll have to redo all the setting again...

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Brian McPhersonBrian McPherson Posts: 1,365FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    I think he try to do other setting that you have not cover. Which got him in a fix.
    [email protected]

For better help in real time, "Skype" is the best help I can offer. My Skype User is "freewill95". You can add me to your contact list and in the message box, type "freedompop user".
    @Janet Hotson
    I'd wait to hear from the admin, we have her and she just wanted to here what version of app you had, to make sure you have the updated app. I'll chat with you over there about the phone.

I already hit restore default as per @Brian McPherson. What settings do I have to redo?
    @ Brian McPherson @Njfulwider5 (I think he try to do other setting that you have not cover. Which got him in a fix.) What does that mean?
    @Janet Hotson
    There is only the 44.1 and maybe checking to see if some default settings are checked...There are no custom setting you need to worry about. You're all good...

please wait for the admin to respond to the message we have going with her. She will direct your settings better than anybody-Myself induced...

Lets wait and see what lolabee says...

@njfulwider5 Thanks again, I'll wait to see if @lolabee can help.
    @lolabee Hey, I'm having problems with voice break up on my samsung victory 4g lte. I've updated my profile, changed the clock rate to 44.1,ticked all the boxes in messaging for incoming and outgoing calls. Actually the last call I made, the outgoing voice was clear, but the incoming voice was breaking up. I also seem to be getting calls that go directly to voicemail. My phone doesn't ring. I would appreciate any help for these problems. Thanks!
  • Paul MorganPaul Morgan Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm anxiously awaiting the outcome of this thread because I'm having exactly the same problems as Janet. I have had my Victory for almost a month and have yet to make one call in which the recipient could actually understand me. I can usually hear the other party just fine. I haven't changed the clock rate because I can't even find it in the options.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,376FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Paul Morgan‌ check your signal strength. On phone in settings>about device>status >signal strength. My Victory says: -87dBm 4 asu ... Below that is: Mobile network type LTE:14. Mine is barely strong enough to talk clearly so they can understand. dBm's -60 to -82 would be much stronger and clearer listening. asu's of 6 or more is much stronger signal.

I've tested speed with Ookla and when upload is under 0.50 the other party begins to have listening complaints. My LTE has tested upload as small as 0.23, terrible or calling. 3G at upload of 0.82 gave much better talk quality. The 0.23 showed an asn of 2.

The sprint map shows strong EVERYWHERE all over my metro area. NOT !!! I have zero signal at my home. 200 feet towards a golf course where third closest tower is, I get weak signal. Then strong, then medium, strong, and keeps changing. Even weak places sometimes as I walk closer to golf course.

I suspect traveling by foot and using LTE a bit challenging. An exercise in futility when traveling by auto.

I am building a chart if dBm, asu, speed results and talk/listen quality. When I complete my data, I will post here in forum later this month.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    My Victory does the same thing, it get -98 dBm, and it up and down, sometime 4G then it's 3g, when I use it, the signal down and when I stop, its back up again.
    [email protected]

@Rich Sias,@Brian Mcpherson My Victory has a signal strength 87 dBm 4asu, Mobile network eHRPD 13. I'm not sure what all that means, but if you can find a fix for the poor voice problem and the delay, let me know! Thanks.
    @Paul Morgan to change the clock rate go to messaging>to the left of the blue symbol there are three horizontal lines. Tap the lines, a menu shows up. tap settings>media>clock rate>then tic 44.1KHz. When I did that it seemed to help a little, but the problem isn't totally solved.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,376FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Janet Hotson‌ I went back and reread some of the early notes. I suspect multiple causes and that makes it much harder to clear things up. One cause may be weak signal. -87 dBm 4 asu seems a bit on weak side.
    Take the FP phone with you for trips to: doctors, library, stores, bank, etc. when out of car at each, check the dBm & asu levels. If you should see asu of 8 or more. Do test calls. Ask friend if this is best ever quality. Is it clear pin drop time or still choppy ?
    Once with stronger signal, the rest of the causes might be easier to chase down.

Oh, yes, the 13 seemed to correspond to 3G and 14 correspond to 4G LTE.
    Looks like your signal report was with 3G active.
  • MorganMorgan Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    @Rich Sias My signal strength is 101dBm 16asu here at my house with both wifi and 4g. I have tried different places around town with the same results. I have reset the frequency to 44.1khz (thanks Janet) and I have also tested my microphone by recording and playing back (works fine). Now, since changing the frequency, it works a little better but everyone I call says they only get about half of the words I say.
    @Morgan‌ -101 I usually think of that being much worse than -87, but the asu level is higher than mine. Could you use Ookla speed test either the app or web site and test up & download speeds when you have -101 dBm 16 asu ?
    @ Rich Sias Ok, I'll try testing at various locations. Today my signal strength(at home) is 93dBm 2 asu on wi fi. I made calls from home tody and had the same voice breaking up problem.
    @Janet Hotson‌ the -93 dBm 2 asu is too low for my phone for others to hear me and complain of choppy or breaking up.
    Today I found the strongest spot next street over at -82 dBm 8 asu ( LTE:14 ) and called my wife. She's a very picky listener. She said I was crystal clear.

As an aside, my wife isn't fond of the "can you hear me now" game. So any reader that has a non VoIP line I can call several times for them to report on my upload limitation of sound qualities. PM me your phone no, hours ok to call, & time zone. I usual want to try 10am-1pm eastern. I plan to build a table of sBm, asu, Ookla speed test, 3/4G, sound quality check. I'll be posting it here later this month.