HOW CAN I GET RID OF AN ACCOUNT THAT WAS LEFT ON MY PHONE? FACTORY RESET DIDN'T WORK.

I HAVE AN ACCOUNT LEFT OVER ON MY EVO. I TRIED FACTORY RESET - IT DIDN'T WORK AND I HAD TO RESTORE ALL OF MY OWN DATA. THE UNWANTED ACCOUNT TAKES UP A LOT OF SPACE. I ASED THIS OF TECH SUPPORT AND THE SAID TO UPDATE PRL AND PROFILE. THAT DIDN'T WORK EITHER!

Answers

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need the MEID of the phone and one of the 2 admins or customer service , here are there names..

@KathyFP‌ @JasmineS‌ @ "Jorge M @‌FreedomPop‌ @K_Ber‌@Taylor‌
    @Darla_A‌ @Vanessa‌ @EdwinFreedomPop‌ @GeorgeD‌ @lolabee

or customer service call the 1 (888) 701-1353, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm PDT

I went ahead and threw the @sign in there for you to reach an admin

Hope this helps

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014 #3
    Sorry maybe I should have asked? is the phone already activated..and you just trying to delete old files from the phone? or a complete factory reset?

I am a wiz with these phones....I have a few of them we use every day

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @‌JERRY SPENCER
    How did you perform the factory reset? Can you give me the specific steps and any dial codes used? There are several ways to do it and not all clear personal data. Can you give me examples of what data has been left on the device that is taking up a large amount of space?
    @‌JERRY SPENCER

after I show you how to get rid of these files or the other account..you can visit this link for tips and trick to help with the call quality...

https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/5346/lets-talk-about-the-new-update-version-28-15-05-36-1020-oct-20-2014-and-older-app-version-27/p1

I have around 6 of these phone and have done a ton of research on these to make them just right...

Hope to hear from you soon

• JERRY SPENCERJERRY SPENCER Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I TRIED A FACTORY RESET IN THE "SD/PHONE STORAGE" TO NO AVAIL.

THERE ARE 5716 MESSAGES IN THE GMAIL

THERE ARE CONTACTS

THERE ARE MESSAGES IN THE CALL LOG

THE GOOGLE ACCT IS STILL ACTIVE

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP. I HAVE TRIED TWICE WITH TECH ASSIST WITHOUT RESULTS.

SINCE YOU ARE A WIZ, I CANT GET SPEAKER PHONE TO WORK ON CALLS AND I DON'T KNOW OW TO FORCE APPS TO THE SD CARD.

IT'S NICE TO HAE SOMEONE IN THE KNOW. I AM SO FRUSTATED WITH FP AND THE EVO PHONE. I'M ON MY THIRD ONE!

MY MIFI 4082 IS VERY UNSTABLE AND CAUSES DROP OUTS IN 3G AND 4G.

SORRY FOR VENTING

I TRIED A FACTORY RESET IN THE "SD/PHONE STORAGE" TO NO AVAIL.

THERE ARE 5716 MESSAGES IN THE GMAIL

THERE ARE CONTACTS

THERE ARE MESSAGES IN THE CALL LOG

THE GOOGLE ACCT IS STILL ACTIVE

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP. I HAVE TRIED TWICE WITH TECH ASSIST WITHOUT RESULTS.

please fix your caps...I really feel like your yelling? would be nicer to see normal capps...

let start with one issue at a time....

before you get to involved in this phone..You have already deleted and added your apps back? How was that possible? did you use the original owners account in play store?

no mater----

Start off my going to your applications in settings....on your home page with nothing on the home page, but you apps

click menu on the phone...settings.....applications....manage applications..click all on the very top......now find google play store..

..Force stop.....than clear cache....clear data

now go back to the play store on your home page or threw (all app)....log back in under your account....your google account....

you might have to go to gmail or mail and clear the same way as above(but make sure you do both at the same time if you have to)

@sign my name njfulwider if this don't work...or if you still have old stuff left over...I have a more extensive clean up if this don't work...

@sign me either way and we can work on the next set of issues...

I AM DISABLED. DO YOU WANT ALL CAPS OR ALL LOWER CASE?
    I FOLLOWED YOUR INSTRUCTIONS AND THE GOOGLE/GMAIL ACCOUNT IS STILL ACTIVE. IT IS NOW UP TO 5803 MESSAGES.
    I AM NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE 2SIGN PROCESS.
    @JERRY SPENCER
    You went into the play store.and force stopped....cleared cache....cleared data...and logged back into your google account and still had his emails on your gmail??????

go back to the applications and find anyhting google related....in applications..and read me what you have on your phone...

deleting the mail should have cleared all sources of the old address...I bet his email synced with your gmail when you signed in...

go to gmail...make sure it is your gmail...if it is your g.mail.....delete all of who evers emails....

if that don't work, we are about to reset the phone...back to factory

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,344FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @JERRY SPENCER
    I prefer all lower, I can read it faster. On many phones, tablets and newer gizmos, things auto capitalize.
    @sign is simply the @ symbol plus the name. You just type the name until the list shows the one you want, click it. It causes the forum to mark ( underline ) a persons account that you have a notification of your beings mentioned. I did yours at top.

I just got a SD card, after testing, I'll be needing to learn too how to move stuff into it and work right.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    @JERRY SPENCER

Was just think.....is the email the only thing you have left of the old account...

and how much your stuff is on there..

what if we reformatted the SD card....do you have any music picture or video you can live without on there?

I would like to delete the whole phone...sd card to...and start from scratch if possible.....

no more old phone stuff

@JERRY SPENCER
    you should PM me Private message me....click on my name @njfulwider5 and than over to the right of the page click the message button....will probably go allot quicker than here...

I can also ad any pro you like? Rich? djinks? we can set up a 4 way pm?

yes I cleared cache and data and logged back in and still have 5803 msgs on that account plus they keep coming.
    GMAIL, GOOGLE SEARCH, GOOGLE SETTINGS, PLAY MUSIC, PLAY STORE

so should we reset? i'm game
    I answered you PM....please answer over there

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @njfulwider5 , @JERRY SPENCER

Do you still have the other google account on the device? Make sure there is only yours, remove any others. I don't have an EVO anymore, so cannot provide detailed instructions. njfulwider5 will know where to check.
    @djinks we have add you to PM please respond over there

on the htc you can only have one account at a time....he synced his email with the old account and got stuck with the old accounts emails

There 2 accounts on this phone and it won't let me delete the other one. It keeps saying other apps nee it.
  • Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,344FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just turn it off for now. Later you can Find other apps referenced and change email to yours. When last is done it should allow account to be deleted.

Meanwhile continue doing the suggested things.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
    @JERRY SPENCER
    I got this one Rich....
    hey jerry..the reason it keeps telling you this..on the htc evo 4g you can only have one account....not like the other phone,,,,you are still using a older android version..

what you did...you did a reset...while leaving the sd card in...than you logged onto your google account and synced your email...grabbing all the old emails, that the old person had on his account...

If you want me to help you fix these..message me back

It also says the only way to remove it is to reset it to factory defaults which deletes all my personal data.
    You don't need to delete any personal data???
    you only have to delete the emails

edited October 2014 #25
    to delete multiple emails at once....and to fix your account

go to your gmail account...

click each mail you don't want and hold you finger on it till it turns into a check-mark...keep going down the line to each email...one by one, holding finger on the email you don't want ,till it turn into a check mark....after you get so far...

click the trash can above.....than start all over again...I would do 20 emails at a time...

even if you reset the device 10 times...each time you log into your gmail, those 5000 will be there. each time after it syncs, it will dbl your email...each reset will result in 2 x when it syncs..

This version only allows you to have one gmail account on at a time, even if there was 2, you would have to sign out of your and sign into his. Just to delete. Gmail is not going to let you delete an account without the password.

Once you delete all 5000 emails, the next time your phone sync, it will delete those email and you'll never see them again....there is a good chance that there was only 500 emails and you auto sync the same account 10 times...

when you get a used phone, always make sure that there are no signs of the old account and or make sure you reset the device before adding your info.

Good luck

remember you only have a android version of 2.3.5

if you decide not to delete and you reset your account, once you log in..those emails will be there...

I suggestion going to a desktop, and logging into you gmail account and use a bigger screen/mouse/and keyboard to get rid of them faster

i did a factory reset and got rid o the unwanted account. thanks to all for your efforts.