Activation Has Changed A Little/With the Addition Of Multiple Devices On One Email Account-How To!!

njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2014 in Tips #1
Freedompop allows more than one device on one email. So the site has changed a little when activating Product...I have seen a few instances, where members are asking for the admin to split the devices on 2 separate emails. They claim that somehow, when they added the new device, it was added to the older device email account. I have also seen a few instances, where members are asking how to add a new device to a existing email account.. Figured I add a couple of How to's.

To Add A Device to the existing Email account

Stay logged into the account you want the device on or log into the device's account you want the new device on. Go to the activation link below-BYOD or Freedompop Activation.it will redirect you straight to the plans page.It also fills in the blanks all the way to checkout, where your payment info will be already added...Same with name and address. With a New Purchase from Freedompop-Click the device you want and it will redirect you straight to the plans page same as above.

To Add A New Device to a New Email

You have to Log off of the old device's account. Once you do that-Go to the activation link below-BYOD or Freedompop Activation. It will ask you for a new email address and all the other info, all the way to check out, where you'll have to add new payment info Name and address...With a New Purchase from Freedompop-You'll have to Enter email address, Home Address and Zip Code. same as above.

If your new and have no account with freedompop...Than read (To Add A New Device to a New Email), only difference, you don't need to log off...

To Activate a Freedompop Branded Productt(new or used-with a clean MEID/Mac#)

https://www.freedompop.com/activate

To Activate Compatible BYOD Product(Check Freedompop BYOD Compatible List on the Forum)

http://www.freedompop.com/byod

Feel free to ask any question below....

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

Comments

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I forgot to add one piece of important information>>>>>>>

If You find you combined a couple of devices on the same email...The only way to fix--->is to call Customer Service or a admin. They'll have to deactivate the device, so you can reactivate it on a new email address. With BYOD, this might cost you a 19.99 activation fee again? Be Careful when activating. Dbl Check Everything-Read Everything...

Enjoy Your New Device on Freedompop!!!!

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't BYOD my other iPhone onto my account, "email already in use"
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe its hit and Miss...I just tried it this morning with an android BYOD and I tried with one on HTC freedompop....We are still considered Beta???

Also to add..

Talking with a few other members here. For us the better plan is to Just keep it--One device One Email....

You loose a few key features when you have all your devices on one account...

Some people share data between there account...If the accounts are combined..You can not share the data between them...All that data is Locked to one device, even if you have 10 devices.

who know maybe this will change in the future?

Just realized I might have jumped the gun on BYOD. I guess it is hit and miss with the BYOD....I was able to do it easily...but a couple of people I talked--one said it worked perfect and the other said, no mater what he did it didn't work(I wasn't there to verify)....I guess with FP still improving everything...You can just try-If you can't combined a byod-Please @sign a admin or call Customer service and let them know the device you want to add..

• Nick_LeeNick_Lee Posts: 4FreedomPop Newbie
    I cut and pasted the instructions from above with respect to adding a new device to an existing EMAIL account.. and honestly... IT SIMPLY DOESN'T WORK.

It may have worked at one time or another.. but certainly not now.. as I have tried it on many occasions and each time, after I enter my device's clean MEID and existing email account, that is as far as it goes..I get an error message stating that email is already in use.

I also have asked the first tier Freedompop activation people on the telephone.. and presumably, they are at the same activation screen as I am using.. and they, too, ask for a new email address in order to activate a new Freedompop device.

Perhaps there is an upper tier Freedompop Customer Service person that can add a new device to an existing email address, however, I am unable to talk to any of them so far.

================================

To the writer of the instructions at the beginning of this forum topic... please TEST / UPDATE YOUR INSTRUCTIONS to see if it still works.

To Add A Device to the existing Email account

1)Stay logged into the account you want the device on or log into the device's account you want the new device on.

2)Go to the activation link below-BYOD or Freedompop Activation.it will redirect you straight to the plans page.It also fills in the blanks all the way to checkout, where your payment info will be already added...Same with name and address.

3)With a New Purchase from Freedompop-Click the device you want and it will redirect you straight to the plans page same as above.

NOT WORKING FOR ME.
  • Geert JanssenGeert Janssen Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    I bought a new 2nd phone from FreedomPop. I received it and it now shows up in the email account of my 1st device. I want to gift the new phone to a friend. Is it already activated? How do I go about removing it from my account and putting in on my friend's new account?
  • kisoolimkisoolim Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the same multiple device on one account problem. Actually I didn't do it but FP placed all three numbers on one account. FP app only shows one of three numbers so that I can't use other two numbers. In case of changing email and account email, it seems quite easy. You just log in and then change them. So you can change the email to your friends'.
  • twincloudstwinclouds Posts: 17FreedomPop Newbie
    I have two device under the same email address as FP did for me. Now I want to move out one of the account to a different email address. I did the editing under My Account/Account Settings but it always say the "Email address already in use!"