**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Unable to receive text or calls on iPhone 5

DNYDNY Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
Situation: I recently activated my BYOD iPhone 5. Exactly followed the same steps to activate the device. Installed the app from app store to receive calls and text.
Problem: When I text to this iphone from a different phone, text or notification for text doesn't appear unless I open the app. (Even if the app is running in the background. I have all the settings correct on the iphone to display push notification from the freedompop app.) Also, I noticed sometimes I call this iphone from a different phone, the iphone will not ring. The biggest issue is I am not receiving text or text notification if the app is not running.
Note: The phone have iOS 8.1. I tried everything mentioned on this forum. Profile update, firmware update, reset, reboot. I tried to call FP for technical help but no answer to the phone even after an hour. Really confused what to do now. So, this is a help for real technical help. I am sure some of other customers are also facing this issue.

Answers

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,735FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you try to re install the app?
  • DNYDNY Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    Not only I tried to reinstall the app but to reinstall the iOS too.
  • Jorge Jorge Posts: 3,376 admin
    @DNY‌ I've refreshed your account, let us know if the issue persist :)
  • TimInMassTimInMass Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Has this issue been fixed for Apple iPhone 5 IOS 8.1.1?

I recently switched myself and my wife to iPhone 5's with FP and to my dismay we no longer receive phone calls or text unless the FP app is in the foreground. I know not to close the app and how to configure the notifications, I followed all the other instructions on the forums such as deleting the FP app, reboot then re-install the app, I've quadruple checked the notification settings, and tried about all varieties in the notification settings to make it work.

Occasionally I will get a phone call/text to go through, but most of the time they don't unless the app is in the foreground.

HELP!

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,170FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a whole section advising how to tune iPhones for better performance in the tips category. Check it out.
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey guys

this always get missed....

make sure background app refresh is on

Settings>>>general>>>Background app refresh....make sure freedompop is on and running

also just double check

Settings>>>Notification Center>>>>Freedompop>>>Make sure it is on Banner or alert....

and allot of people just update the app...if you not getting push notifications to begin with>>>you need to find the app on the home screen--press and hold the app till it shakes---delete it........Now reset the phone>>>press and hold the power button and the home button till the screen goes dark---if the phone don't restart--wait a few min and press the power button.....till you see the apple logo

after the phone turns on...go to the apple store and download the app...making sure this time to press (push notifications OK)....

dbl check the settings above.....

also you phone will only get push notification for text>>>in Lock screen.not when the phone is open and your doing something on it...But you'll get phone call in both...open and lock

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• TimInMassTimInMass Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Yup did all that multiple times, the app is not consistent, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't so I have to close all the apps reboot and relaunch the app again. Another annoying thing is that some of my contacts that have multiple phone numbers the FreedomPop apps only imports the first phone number, but for some other contacts it imports all the phone numbers. I'm running iPhone 5 v8.1.1

Here is a screenshot of the settings: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=143B7568AD23DC46!15405&authkey=!ABKhjSjSCECbOIA&v=3&ithint=photo,PNG

hey guys

this always get missed....

make sure background app refresh is on

Settings>>>general>>>Background app refresh....make sure freedompop is on and running

also just double check

Settings>>>Notification Center>>>>Freedompop>>>Make sure it is on Banner or alert....

and allot of people just update the app...if you not getting push notifications to begin with>>>you need to find the app on the home screen--press and hold the app till it shakes---delete it........Now reset the phone>>>press and hold the power button and the home button till the screen goes dark---if the phone don't restart--wait a few min and press the power button.....till you see the apple logo

after the phone turns on...go to the apple store and download the app...making sure this time to press (push notifications OK)....

dbl check the settings above.....

also you phone will only get push notification for text>>>in Lock screen.not when the phone is open and your doing something on it...But you'll get phone call in both...open and lock

• dibo chendibo chen Posts: 11FreedomPop Newbie
    @TimInMass is your problem solved? How if so?

I have been having the same problem since 12/5(? ready post somewhere) FP app update. Called service, reset network, delete then reinstall the app, setting.... have another thread post here.

Thanks
  • Linda KovalchikLinda Kovalchik Posts: 12FreedomPop Newbie
    I never received the option to answer calls when the phone rang. I had notifications on banner notification. After days of research, I set the notification option to alert. On the alert banner there is an option to answer when a call is received. Now I can answer calls.