FreedomPop's Android Messaging Phone/SIM Update (24.00.1388.0302) (Updated 03/02/2019)

Comments

• M.A. II LopezM.A. II Lopez Posts: 1,163FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭
    Awesome job with the pics @djinks‌ !
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014 #54
    Hey Guys...Its now an Arrow again.....I guess it can be an arrow or the 4 lines

just had another update!!!!!!

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    So where djinks pointed to the lines>>>You might find an arrow instead.....

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

here's a pic

• djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014 #57
    It may be dependent on the OS version. Mine was Android 4.3. I think that may be the standard menu icon now. I know the menu symbol in Google Play has changed.

@njfulwider5‌
    What Android version is your HTC using?
    You might be correct, I didn't even think of that...I am not sure, I'll have to take a peek....But I know its a older version....I think I put the version on the post i created with the specs of your phone for the androids....

found it

3) What Android version do you have?--- 2.3.5 Std Freedompop's Rom for the HTC Evo 4G

Yep, just different UI between Android Gingerbread and Jellybean OS Themes
  • david paynedavid payne Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    A COUPLE OF THINGS THAT I WOULD LIKE TO SAY. FIRST I HAVE A HTC PHONE WITH FREEDOM POP. I HAD SIGN UP FOR THIER PHONE SERVICE AND TRIED IT FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHES. I HAD MANY MANY COMPLAINTS. SO I DECIEDED TO CANCEL FOR NOW AND JUST USE THE FREE VERSON AND STILL HAD PROBLEMS. THEN YESTERDAY FOR SOME DUMB REASON I PICKUP A PAIR OF EAR BUDS OR EAR PHONES AT THE DOLLAR TREE FOR ABOUT ONE DOLLAR AND TAX. TRIED THEM ON THE HTC PHONE. BOOM I HAVE FULL STRENGTH I CAN HER EVERYONE AND EVERYONE CAN HERE ME. PLUG I NOW SEE 4G SIGNALS. WOW. SO THIS IS MY TWO SUGGESTIONS HOOK UP A CHEAP HEADPHONE TO YOUR PHONE FOR THE SIGNAL STRENGTH AND TO HEAR BETTER. DO NOT USE A BLUETOOTH ONLY EARPIECE. PLEASE IF YOUR ARE HAVING ANY PHONE PROBLEMS AS FAR AS PEOPLE HEARING YOU OR YOUR HEARING THEM. GO SPEND A DOLLAR AND CHANGE AND GET A PAIR OF EARBUDS.

THE SECORD THING THAT I WOULD LIKE TO SAY IS THEY SHOULD POST THE NEWEST POST FIRST ON HERE RATHER THAT SHOWING THE OLDEST. OR A LEAST GIVE YOU A OPTIONS TO CHOOSE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

I WOULD LIKE TO ALSO SAY THIS THE PEOPLE AT FREEDOM POP ARE GREAT. THEY GO THE EXTRA MILE OR I FEEL I WILL GO THE EXTRA MILE FOR THEM TOO. HAVE A GREAT DAY.
    Thanks @david payne

• Jessica TiemensJessica Tiemens Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Ok, when I'm in my messaging app, it has no blue box/arrow anywhere. Unless you mean the blue 'talk bubble' thingy, but there's no arrow. Settings are minimal.
    edited December 2014 #64
    @Jessica Tiemens
    we are finding that it might be 3 horizontal line too....Read the post completely and you see the pictures @djinks posted--he did a great job at explaining this...

edited February 2015 #65
    ESN / MEID: (For security reason, please post the esn/meid in a Private message to a qualified Freedompop member)

Results

Blacklisted Not Indicated
    This device does not appear to be globally blacklisted.

Activation Status Clear (Verizon)

Device appears to be activation ready.
    Post edited by njfulwider5 on

sorry forgot--it also says your device is not activated

edited February 2015 #67
    It says Verizon. Does that mean the device is Verizon branded, not Sprint?

ESN / MEID: (For security reason, please post the esn/meid in a Private message to a qualified Freedompop member)

Activation Status Clear (Verizon)

Device appears to be activation ready.

Post edited by njfulwider5 on
    so we found out..Swappa is incorrect....his phone is a sprint iphone 4

but freedompop does not support 8gb Iphones, its hit and miss like the 32/64gb

he got lucky on 3 other iphone's...just not this one

• Moi BradleyMoi Bradley Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Hello,

Sorry to hijack this but I have the same issue, incoming calls do not work on wifi, also texts do not work incoming or outgoing on wifi. The only things that work so far is outgoing and incoming calls on 4G and outgoing texts on 4G
    @Moi Bradley
    make sure you are activate..check you account online to verfy...

You might need to create a post, these are not just single comment troubleshoots...

make sure to include you phone, and all the detail here..make sure to include everything you have tried...

the member above, we found out, he was using a non-compatible Iphone 4..he had a 8gb version....freedompop only supports 16gb and sprint...

I look forward to your post

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    @njfulwider5‌ PM me with information about the ESN issue and I will do my best to get it taken care of for you.
  • Moi BradleyMoi Bradley Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    This is a Samsung Galaxy S3. The account is indeed activated. I bought the phone itself from FP.
    I have done the update on PRL and profile, checked my IP address on my router and added to port forwarding and DMZ server as well. Refreshed all the settings and updated the app. Doubled checked the app version, cleared the cache. Reinstalled the app itself too. I did revert the changes on port forwarding and DMZ server due to security issues.

Only thing that changed was that I can send and receive texts now. But no incoming calls still for Wifi. I called customer service too and they wanted to do a replacement unit but I don't want to wait weeks for this to get done.

Thanks
  • Theodore ValleyTheodore Valley Posts: 10FreedomPop Newbie
    Version 29 (15.06.145.1205)

For me and my Evo 4g, this is the best version yet. I am in Ohio and can only get 3g. Because my Evo has been so sporadic as far as sound quality, connection, hang-ups, etc., I have even carried 2 different phones. Yeah, I'm cheap... my other phone is a Droid TracFone but it has always been so reliable although not as fast as my Evo and the TracFone has a poor camera processor.

Anyway, I am 95% back to the Evo with this latest update (glad I hung in there!). My friends have asked me if I ditched FreedomPop and old Evo due to delay being so short now as well as much improved voice quality. My hang-ups work immediately too.

My wife used to tease me. Not any more! I tease her for the price she's paying to Verizon (I think).

PS- I have the "arrow" now, just to left of the messaging icon as shown above. Oh, and I love the extra info and layout the new app provides.

Ted
  • Jessica TiemensJessica Tiemens Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie

@Jessica Tiemens
    we are finding that it might be 3 horizontal line too....Read the post completely and you see the pictures @djinks posted--he did a great job at explaining this...

Thanks for replying. :) My messaging app does not look at all like the picture. There are no lines or arrows, just the talk bubble. I have the app installed already, and it has always looked the way it does now--no lines or arrows.

And now it won't let me install an update because it says my phone has insufficient space. I do not store media files on my phone and have downloaded very few apps. Most of the preloaded apps (that I never use) on my phone do not have the option to delete/uninstall them.

Actually I had a whole post about the myriad problems I have had with my phone, some from day one, but somehow the post did not get 'approved'. And this forum is the closest thing I have found in the past 10 months to direct contact with support.

I really truly don't know what to do. I LOVE the service but HATE the problems. My phone cannot receive calls or texts. Sometimes it can send texts, sometimes it can make calls. And these are just some of the problems I've had, most of them starting only a month or two after receiving the device. Maybe I just got a really, really, really bad one? Other family members have the exact same device without these problems.
    @Jessica Tiemens
    please shoot me a picture of you messaging app...I'd like to see what happens when you open this app...

also make sure that app is updated....

I got your Message on my wall...I am having issues posting from the place I am currently at...Once I get my tablet, I can PM you right back...and answer question a little better---using this cell for me is hard---I am horrible at texting...LOL :)

• matinee55matinee55 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Is this area strictly for "messaging" or also for "free call & text" as they are fairly similar.

Well I'm here is anyone else having to re sign in often? I seem to get every other day or so the - "registration has expired, please sign in again". Comments please! (I do shut off my phone at nite & wonder if it is associated with that)
This discussion has been closed.