**Reminder** When you sign up for FreedomPop service we often offer a free trial experience for one of our plans or add-on services. Upon the end of your Trial, you will incur the regular charge for that plan or service. Please take a look at our Community post for more information regarding your recent purchase and what to expect: http://bit.ly/2xFTGWY

Question about 3G for the mifi 4082

I recently received the mifi 4082. I have the blue light on my mifi 4082 indicating 4G and it still complains about 3g setup. Do I need to have the 3g fallback no matter what? I know only 4G is available with the basic/free plan, I just need to understand my options with this device.

Comments

• Rich Sias (16th)Rich Sias (16th) Posts: 3,170FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you try to browse on internet, do you get sent to: http://setup.3g.freedompop.com ? If not that, then what ?
    Be my Valentine ZTE, Victory, LG Volt, 803S, & 4 SIMs
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jana Lyons
    you do not need 3g to use the 4g...but you still need to update the Profile and PRL

please check out the video

hope this helps

feel free to @sign my name njfulwider5 if you have anymore issues

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Jana LyonsJana Lyons Posts: 2FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks! yes, I do get the setup.3g.freedompop.com message and have attempted to update the profile, but was logged out and the process seemed to abort. I will try to plug the device into my laptop and see if it will finish. Thanks for the confirmation.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK please let me know...I know allot about this little device.... :)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Trenton HaremTrenton Harem Posts: 1FreedomPop Newbie
    I'm having this exact same issue. I updated the prl and profile, but when I try to open a web page I get the '3g is not enabled on this device' message. I've tried putting the setting to '4g only', as well as putting it to '4g preferred' but neither of them worked. Interested to see if we can come to a resolution
    @Trenton Harem
    I just sent you a video to update the profile and PRL-sorry I did not read this one first...

if after you update the profile and prl--and you got no errors....

Try and find a place you get a better signal. Try a open window-one with no tree in the way. Sometimes going outside to see if you get a better signal. I have even seen other members go clear across town to get a better signal.

also take a peek at this coverage map...make sure you click data/not voice

https://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?kiosk

hope this helps