Cannot move programs to SD Card

Simeon WaltonSimeon Walton Posts: 28FreedomPop Newbie
I have read many online posts and blogs about this problem and I am having a hard time believing that FreedomPop does not support moving programs to the SD card. With all of the preloaded programs I have very little memory left to run programs. Anything to free up RAM on this phone would help it run faster. Some are saying that I need to route the phone in order to make transferring programs to SD work. I don't understand what this means or what the pros and cons are when doing this. Can someone please explain this to me. Thanks!!

Comments

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    You probably have a bad SD card if it is failing. FP supports it and I have a few devices which work with it.

The pros of it is you get additional storage for your phone really, the only con I can think of is that if it fails, then you're kinda out of luck.
  • Rick MulloyRick Mulloy Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    If you don't know what Rooting a phone is.Then I suggest Not doing it. You will only cause yourself grief. Try a new SD card it is not expensive.
    On Air,On Line and On The Go!
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Simeon Walton
    I always swap the sd card right from the start on any phone I get, that has the stock SD card...normally company's like to use cheap Class 4's...way way to slow to even play a game on---barley allows you to play music these days...

Find yourself a class 10 and stay away from ebay(to many fakes)...class 10 are cheap enough to purchase at Fry's....office depot....But I bet once you swap this out, you be good to go....

feel free to @sign me if you need anything

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Simeon WaltonSimeon Walton Posts: 28FreedomPop Newbie
    Thanks all for the feedback all. I have done a lot of research on this issue. This seems to be an issue specifically with the Samsung Victory. I bought a 64g Samsung SD card from Samsung. The card is working flawlessly for storing pictures and files. But when it comes to transferring a program that is installed on the phone to the SD card, it does not give me that option. I had downloaded several programs that are suppose to aide in this process, e.g., App Shifter, SD Manger, Move App to SD, and all of these programs indicate that there should be a button on the program App Info Profile page that when you click it should move the app to the card. However, after loading these apps and trying to move an app the button just does not appear. All indications point to either an issue with the SS Victory or the FredomPop system not allowing it. In almost every case the suggestion is to route the phone. Thanks Rick, you're right, I don't want to mess with routing the phone. Too risky. I guess I will keep searching. Thanks all.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Simeon Walton
    64 g sd card can be real tricky in most of the cells these day-except the newer ones...

also have you been able to run a H2testw on a computer with the card---

make sure you have no data on the sd when you do this...it will tell you if the card is genuine or fake--did you get the card from ebay?

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Rick MulloyRick Mulloy Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Hi Simeon,

I have a SG Victory (L300) I had that problem. Samsung Support said the 64g card is not supported on that model. Use a 32g SD card. I did and it worked.
    On Air,On Line and On The Go!
    I agree with Rick....But I seen a post online when the Op was using a 64g sd card and this phone...I could not find anything on the specs to say different...on another post

most of the older phones do not support 64g or bigger...

• mechanics600mechanics600 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    Rick Mulloy, what app did you use to move your apps? My latest has been Elixir which has the feature which shows MOVE TO SD but no button to execute the move. The only things that have gone to the SD card are photos. Not a single app using many different apps to get the move completed.
  • Simeon WaltonSimeon Walton Posts: 28FreedomPop Newbie
    Well from everyone here it sounded to me that going to the 32g card was the thing to do and, vuala, it worked. Thanks for all the good advice.