Account pin required to place call?

Peter JaecklePeter Jaeckle Posts: 8FreedomPop Newbie
I have a Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE. After a software update (Samsung) I can no longer dial phone numbers on the network. Wi-Fi phone dialing works just fine.

Using Sprint 4G LTE I get something like this:
"To access your account please enter pin now".

I do not have a pin and I do not have a Sprint account.
This is similar to a previous problem and error message. In that case the error message announced that I am not "authorized to dial this number".

In either case, I cannot call the desired number.
The issue affect both domestic and international calls.

It is/was not created by the recent Internet outage. It still persists.

I already tried the solution for the earlier issue. It did not work.
Any other ideas, please?

Comments

• Hey Peter, please provide the email address associated with the device.
    "Don't forget to vote on our latest Poll for a chance to win some FreedomPop gear! :) https://forums.freedompop.com/discussion/7284/where-do-you-take-your-portable-hotspot-device#latest"
  • Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please dial ##72786# and enter your Msl code.
  • Stranger42Stranger42 Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    what is a msi code3
    @Stranger42‌ My bad... I meant MSL code. You should have gotten it by email.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭

what is a msi code3

@Stranger42‌
    Please contact the admin above before the attempt. she will advise you if this is the action you should take...

Take a peek at the messaging app...looks like this(see pic)

see if you can make calls using this app?

if they fail over data....

Have you attempted a profile and PRL update?

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@njfulwider5‌ This isn't an MSL reset so no admin is needed for approval. This is simple Hands Free Re-Activation and nothing else. Just remember, an admin has to do the ##786# but we all can do ##72786#.

@Stranger42‌ Please ignore above post.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jorge M.

what is a msi code3

@Stranger42‌
    Please contact the admin above before the attempt. she will advise you if this is the action you should take...

I just contacted a few admins to assist you if you need a msl reset...

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

1. Dial ##72786# in the native dialer and the SCRTN message should appear. Enter your MSL if needed (found by clicking here)

2. Your device will restart, proceed to unlock the device

3. The Hands free reactivation will occur, its going to update your PRL and Profile. If it fails then update it manually Settings -> System Update -> PRL and Profile

4. If you lost any data then please re install the My FreedomPop app and the FreedomPop Messaging app.

@Jorge M.

what is a msi code3

@Stranger42‌

I just contacted a few admins to assist you if you need a msl reset...