Why won't my Galaxy3 work with the bluetooth in my car?? It hooks up OK but will not make a call??

jeff Myersjeff Myers Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
Galaxy3 will not work with bluetooth in the car

Answers

• njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jeff Myers
    The only freedompop device compatible is the Iphone 5.....

For some reason-the Freedompop Android app has issues communicating....

Sorry

Great Tips and Trick, User Guides and How to's in my Signature-(Take a Peek)

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

• Ali Ali Posts: 6,705FreedomPop Master, Test Role, iOS Master ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently, the Samsung Epic 4G touch, the Galaxy Victory, all the iPhones, and the S4 work without issues on bluetooth car equipment. The S3 is still being worked on, really sorry that it isn't working perfectly right now.
  • njfulwider5njfulwider5 Posts: 10,413FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Master, Test Role, FreedomPop Expert, FreedomFan, Android Master , FP Flyer ✭✭✭✭✭

@jeff Myers
    The only freedompop device compatible is the Iphone 5.....

For some reason-the Freedompop Android app has issues communicating....

Sorry

Last I checked, we are still having issues with the androids, and the updates to the freedompop messaging app did not help....No other freedompop member has told me different...

But to verfy, we can always ask the admins---just to settle.....

@Jorge M. @lolabee‌ @JasmineS‌ @Javonni_Freedompop‌

has this changes since the last one we worked on? Is it still the Iphone 5 or does it work on the other androids now?

Hope you find any post I have created helpful. Please look for my How to-s(Downgrading-100% Free) and (How to use the FreedomPop Community), or my Guides on FreedomPop Devices(Phones) and (Hotspots). Here is one on (FreedomPop Plans). Here is one on all (FreedomPop Apps). He is one on(Traveling with your GSM Global Sim?) or Common Question about the (GSM Global Sim). You can PM me anytime by clicking this link here njfulwider5. Than click the BUTTON with the (Small Envelope), to left of the word (MESSAGE). I will do my best help. Welcome to FreedomPop

@njfulwider5‌ All my androids work for some reason, no hacks either. Maybe I am lucky? Lol. My iPhone 4 and 4S work too.
  • jeff Myersjeff Myers Posts: 3FreedomPop Newbie
    Is Freedom pop working to fix this??
    @jeff Myers‌ This is being fixed however we're not sure if this will be fixed soon or not.
  • FredSSFredSS Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I have the Sam 3 and read in this discussion that it won't work due to the Freedom Pop app. If it won't work with my car audio system because of Freedom Pop, then this is a deal breaker for me.

I need that phone to work with my car's audio system. FP has got to increase the priority for resolution ASAP on this. Nearly everyone I know uses their phone with the car's audio system. I need the Hands Free operation that it provides to comply with the law when driving.

I even tried to use the Sam 3 with a simple Jabra Drive BT visor speaker, It reports that it is connected but no audio, no answering, no call ending - worthless to me.

I know that my car's audio system is compatible with Sprint and the SG3 but the FP apps appear to be the problem. This is not good for this company and its customers.

I've read in these forums that the Sam Gal 4 works, if that is true;
    1 - is there a way to make a deal for the Sam 4 with my Sam 3?
    2 - possible replacement with a cost adjustment of some kind?
    3 - other options?

Please advise ASAP as I'm going to have to move to another carrier even though the $$$ for FP is pretty good.

FredSS
    @FredSS‌ If you're having issues with your car audio on an Android, I wouldn't recommend upgrading to the S4 as the S4 could potentially have the same issue if the latest messaging app is broken. If you're in the 30-day window for a refund, you can get a refund for your S3 so you can get an S4 but again it may have issues.

I would recommend an iPhone since they work the best, but that is my opinion ;)
    @FredSS‌
    if its just your stereo and you need to for streaming....There is a post here, where another member figure out how to get it to work...

I have to do some digging....but he has a step by step post on how to get it done...

please do a search yourself too and so will i...post back here if you find

http://www.freedompop.com/devices/Samsung-Galaxy-S4-Black

above is the S4 your looking for...looks like the price here is 329$

The Iphone 5 works great with the Bluetooth...Might find one of those cheaper for BYOD

The iPhone 5 BYOD is currently trending at $239 refurbished.
    way way cheaper than the s4.....I picked up one on ebay that I am going to BYOD next month for 150$.....ready to go.....I can get them at that price all day everyday..

@njfulwider5‌ I plan on getting badly damaged iPhone 5's and refurbishing them potentially for eBay. Maybe I will pre-BYOD them :-)
    I wouldn't...activated product on ebay causes issues later

@njfulwider5‌ Potentially it could... It isn't a too bad business idea tho. :-)
  • FredSSFredSS Posts: 0FreedomPop Newbie
    I don't want to go the iPhone route at all. I like and want to continue with Android and Samsung Phones. Worse, from the comments in this post, it is possible the iPhones (that work now) could be trashed with the next FP App update! Scary!

"Ali" noted that the S4 (and iPhone) is working with car audio and confirmed the S3 is NOT (my experience too). I have the S3 AND Freedom Pop and it DOES NOT WORK which is a big problem for me!
    ----------------
    Ali Posts: 3,247FreedomPop Master, FreedomPop Pro - December 2014

"Currently, the Samsung Epic 4G touch, the Galaxy Victory, all the iPhones, and the S4 work without issues on bluetooth car equipment. The S3 is still being worked on, really sorry that it isn't working perfectly right now."

-----------------

I visited my nephew last week and he has a Sprint Sam Gal 4, and it works FINE with my Car Audio system. My car's compatibility testing shows that the Sam Gal 4 AND the Sam Gal 3 BOTH are compatible. The ONLY difference is Freedom Pop. FP's app, as noted above also by Ali, appears to be the problem.

Since Freedom Pop can't seem to get this (Sam Gal 3 Blue Tooth) fixed in a hurry, if at all, then I just have to go and "abandon ship." There is no excuse for a top of the line Samsung phone, with tested and verified Bluetooth compatibility, to NOT work (crippled) because of the FP app or Service. Worse yet, is Ali's worry that the latest FP app might even have broken the compatibility of the Sam 4 which was working with FP! (maybe the iPhones too).

I don't know what the programming and tech folks are working on but it sure seems to me that FP Management needs to make every effort to be sure a phone sold with FP service works with ALL of it's features. Otherwise, each new FP App update can put any phone up the creek - what kind of service is this for a paying customer?

I have been dealing with the marginal, at best, Sprint coverage issues and I don't like it but I could make it work. However, it makes sense for me to disconnect from FP because of this Bluetooth problem (the BT itself and the FP App part of it). Going to Verizon or AT&T will cost me more but coverage, Bluetooth, call quality, etc. will put these truly sad operational problems to rest.

I'm sorry about this situation and do not mean to rant but I'm trying to make it clear that there are serious issues with using Freedom Pop. My first time was the MiFI device and I love it - it gave me a mobile data connection to use with my prepaid voice & text only phone. Great product and good price despite the fact that one has to "pay" $9.99 to get 3G service (4G is not everywhere). I plan to keep the MiFI as it does what it is supposed to do.

The next logical step was to buy a high quality Android phone with built-in data connection using the FP service. Sadly, after numerous calls (and long waits) to FP tech Support, no answers, no positive results at all. Samsung and Sprint techs point their finger at the FP App and now I find this info here in the Forum - why is it that FP TS staff keep giving me things to try with the app when it appears to be known that the App IS THE PROBLEM?

I'm going to do what I need to do this week but I urge FP to FIX the APP and get going on Stability, quality of service, improved customer relations, faster TS support competence and service. If not, Freedom Pop is doomed as a player in this business. It's really too bad because the idea is great, free and/or low rates - it's just the fact that it really doesn't work correctly.

FredSS
    I really need the phone to work in my car. Pretty soon it will be illegal to talk and drive without handsfree. I bought a $39 phone at WalMart and it works fine with my car, yet the $200 Galaxy will not connect!!!! Would you guys consider taking back my S3 and replacing it with the S4 so I can talk and drive at the same time???
  • djinksdjinks Posts: 1,270FreedomPop Newbie, FreedomPop Expert ✭✭✭✭
    @jeff Myers
    Is your s3 is a freedompop branded device? I think the problem is the freedompop rom. Switching from a galaxy s3 branded by freedompop to a galaxy s4 branded by freedompop will not work for you. You will need a BYOD device that is not carrying using the freedompop ROM.
    Currently Car audio is broken on all Android devices. For the time being, please use something like a wired headset adaptor.
    Who know maybe freedompop will add this in there next update...

Right now the only thing compatible is the Iphone....but if you want to use it for streaming and listening to music...there is a guy here that found a way to by pass it on any android....

The app freedompop using on the android, is just not compatible yet

If I have Freedom Pop unassign my S3 phone and then I sign up with Sprint, will the phone then work in my car??
    edited January 2015 #22
    @Ali‌
    Ali said:

Currently Car audio is broken on all Android devices. For the time being, please use something like a wired headset adaptor.

My partner uses his Verizon S4 all the time with his car via bluetooth. Where can I learn more regarding all Androids having this problem? You did mean all Android, right? Not just those with FreedomPop ROMs?
    @djinks‌ I was referring to the FreedomPop androids. Since its thru the messaging app and not the stock dialer, thats whats causing all this lol.
    Thanks Ali.

@jeff Myers

If I have Freedom Pop unassign my S3 phone and then I sign up with Sprint, will the phone then work in my car??

If your phone is FreedomPop branded, then it contains the FreedomPop ROM and will not work any better (for Bluetooth to your car) on Sprint. You can change the ROM, but that will void your warranty and I cannot discuss that here.
    @jeff Myers‌ You're able to use your phone in the car if you use Sprint. Just remember that Sprint has terrible voice service so be prepared.
    @ali-it depends on where you live...Seattle(south sound) has Great Sprint Serivice

98031.....great 3g....great wimax....great LTE.....no Sparks :'(